EFL CUP. V BOLTON at DW | Page 3 | Vital Football

EFL CUP. V BOLTON at DW

Oh trust me I'm not.

They gave Rotherham 1.8k because that's how much Rotherham asked for with little time to sell the tickets and no pay on the day. Bolton will ask for the 5k and get it. I do wonder how we'll price this one because those c**ts will sell out even if we charge full whack. 5k of them paying £23 could be enough to afford a player.

Do you genuinely believe the fans will turn on Richardson if he loses this one game even if he is doing well in the league?

Do you genuinely believe the fans will turn on Richardson if he loses this one game even if he is doing well in the league?

"Turn on Richardson" would be unlikely in those circumstances in my opinion KDZ, but if he fields a perceived weakened team and we lose there would definitely be dissenting voices, probably from the fans who only ever turn out for this one fixture because of all the off pitch "baggage" that comes with it.
In the other scenario that we are not doing well in the league, bearing in mind we have 2 opponents relegated from the championship last season and are away at another strong team, I think there would be a lot more vocal whinging from the general fan base IF any loss to them men is perceived to be Richardson's fault.

Let's just home we don't find out cos we are doing OK in the league and we get a result against them.

I measure myself as a barometer. I've given Leam lots of support since he got the job and even if we lose our next few, I'll still back him. Lose to that lot though and I won't look at him in the same light.

“I can’t wait. I was speaking to Sharon’s son Toby and he said ‘who do you want in the next round?’ and I said Wigan. I’m a philosopher as well as a manager!
“I’m glad that we’ve got Wigan. I think it’ll be a fantastic game for both sets of fans, a competitive game and for me, it’s the tie of the round.”

At least Ian Evatt recognises the importance of it. They'll be no messing around with second string players from him.

This is such an odd argument. Liam is proving to be a good and shrewd manager and I will back him even if a few results go against us.

I desperately want us to beat Bolton to have bragging rights over my mates, but it's not the end of the world if we don't (we have just had that).

I measure myself as a barometer. I've given Leam lots of support since he got the job and even if we lose our next few, I'll still back him. Lose to that lot though and I won't look at him in the same light.

“I can’t wait. I was speaking to Sharon’s son Toby and he said ‘who do you want in the next round?’ and I said Wigan. I’m a philosopher as well as a manager!
“I’m glad that we’ve got Wigan. I think it’ll be a fantastic game for both sets of fans, a competitive game and for me, it’s the tie of the round.”

At least Ian Evatt recognises the importance of it. They'll be no messing around with second string players from him.

And if we don't lose the next few but lose to Bolton in the cup?

"Turn on Richardson" would be unlikely in those circumstances in my opinion KDZ, but if he fields a perceived weakened team and we lose there would definitely be dissenting voices, probably from the fans who only ever turn out for this one fixture because of all the off pitch "baggage" that comes with it.
In the other scenario that we are not doing well in the league, bearing in mind we have 2 opponents relegated from the championship last season and are away at another strong team, I think there would be a lot more vocal whinging from the general fan base IF any loss to them men is perceived to be Richardson's fault.

Let's just home we don't find out cos we are doing OK in the league and we get a result against them.

If Bolton is our 5th loss in 6, then it might be the final straw for some fans as a culmination of a bad run. It's the nature of football that any manager at any club in that type of run of results / form will start to feel some pressure.

My contention was the just this cup game in isolation isn't make or break for Richardson as seemed to be suggested earlier in the thread. We obviously want to win but the majority will will judge him on the overall job he's doing up to the point rather than be swung by one game.

Can’t believe some of you guys are even discussing getting rid of Richardson already. Give the guy a chance, he’s had to virtually build a team from scratch and it takes time for players to gel. Wanderers we’re 3rd bottom last January before Evatt brought in players during January to replace the numpties he was landed with by Phoenix, our Director of Football, thankfully now gone. Whether you beat us or not, or lose a few at the start, it’s a long season and with a fair wind we should both be challenging for promotion at the end of the season.

Can’t believe some of you guys are even discussing getting rid of Richardson already. Give the guy a chance, he’s had to virtually build a team from scratch and it takes time for players to gel. Wanderers we’re 3rd bottom last January before Evatt brought in players during January to replace the numpties he was landed with by Phoenix, our Director of Football, thankfully now gone. Whether you beat us or not, or lose a few at the start, it’s a long season and with a fair wind we should both be challenging for promotion at the end of the season.
You won't be challenging for nothing other than a place in the bottom four. Now beat it.

Just the usual reaction seeking suspects.

In other words Bluffit fuck off, we'll smash you men no bother!

Ha, I wondered where the charming members of the thread had got to, glad I’m not disappointed. You may well smash us, you may not, lets see shall we? I don’t have any I’ll feeling towards Wigan, glad you survived and have a good new owner because I enjoy the local rivalry and all the comments that go with it, including a bit of abuse!! 😉

Ha, I wondered where the charming members of the thread had got to, glad I’m not disappointed. You may well smash us, you may not, lets see shall we? I don’t have any I’ll feeling towards Wigan, glad you survived and have a good new owner because I enjoy the local rivalry and all the comments that go with it, including a bit of abuse!! 😉
You're a cool guy it's great to have you around.

Hope you indeed get smashed tho haha

Just tried to buy 2 tickets for Bolton. Cannot. Nowhere does it allow me to put in what I want in price or stand Rubbish Wigan !!!!!

It says I have nothing in my basket. But nowhere does it allow me to put a number or a price. So it wil not go to checkout. Plus I want pensioner so £8 x 2. not £15 x2. I will try to ring tomorrow and hope it’s not busy

Just bought one on line no problem…it allowed me to select my usual berth in WS5 …..but …the ticket stresses that it is unreserved seating

So if you do make the effort to pick your ‘normal seat’….get there early or you may likely find someone else’s backside parked in it …..and they won’t be ‘out of order’ …you’d just have to find the next best empty ‘un

Had another go and finally managed to book our seats. I still think the site is a nightmare and needs sorting out ASAP. The previous system was far superior