EFL CUP. V BOLTON at DW | Page 2 | Vital Football

EFL CUP. V BOLTON at DW

Wrong King

So you're saying if we lose then Richardson loses all the goodwill he built up after last season's achievements? One game in a low priority competition between 2 semi reserve teams?

Pretty small minded in my eyes. It's like the worriers "as long as we beat St. Helens" mentality. I want us to win the same if we play Bournemouth or Bolton.

I don’t say that. I will still back Liam to the hilt but this is our big local derby so we will all want to win Just as City v Utd. Liv vEvrt. Everyone wants a win

A manager gains and loses goodwill in every game - if we are doing well in the league but we put out a second string and we lose to Bolton in the cup that we almost certainly aren't going to win - then i don't think it will mean that much to most fans. One game in isolation doesn't make or break you it's about the overall job being done.

Sure we'd like what will likely be our reserves to beat Bolton reserves for bragging rights but it's not very high on the priority list in the grand scheme of things.

I think your prescribing way too much significance to the fixture.
A true fan lives for sutch games .it doesn't matter what compaction it is in 😁

We gave 1888 to Rotherham, not sure if that was enforced on the club, a club decision, or a hard limit, it's an odd number for an initial allocation. Maybe it's just something as simple as 2 of the seating blocks, who knows. The stand holds over 5k in total.

Could be Arthur but I’d hope it to be more than that, especially if the stand holds 5k and the rest of the seats would be empty. I’m not aware of any rules restricting the away following and surely a bumper gate would be good for both sides. As for two reserve teams, I don’t think ours will be as Ian Evatt wants a cup run this year as well as a tilt at promotion. There will always be fringe players he’ll look to play but I wouldn’t anticipate large wholesale changes and I would expect much the same for you. Let’s just hope it’s a good game and the best team wins. Thats Wanderers of course!! 😉

You go out to win every game be very disappointed if we put a second string team out for this match. Teams get used to winning. And teams get used to losing games. First season in the premier league we go to the final. Because we wanted to win every game. I don’t buy into things like the league comes first.
Hope we are on the box .sky Mony com in handy 🤞

You go out to win every game be very disappointed if we put a second string team out for this match. Teams get used to winning. And teams get used to losing games. First season in the premier league we go to the final. Because we wanted to win every game. I don’t buy into things like the league comes first.

Totally agree John, always play your best team, there is a Wembley final from this and if players and managers don't want to get there you have to wonder about them. Obviously fit in one or two of your squad to give them games if required but like you I’ve never believed in this league comes first quote either. More poignantly, I recall Wanderers getting to the qtr finals of the Europa League under that chump Megson and he put out a reserve team in front of 3k away Wanderers fans because we were playing yourselves in the league on the Saturday. You beat us 1-0 and the fans never forgave Megson. Let’s hope it’s two good, competitive teams that go out and whoever deserves to win goes into the next round.

When we won the FA Cup in 2013 then got relegated from the PL a few days later, all the reporters were going on saying I bet the Wigan fans would rather have stayed in the PL instead of winning the Cup.
What a load of bollox, don't get me wrong, the PL was alright while it lasted, but Wigan Athletic winning the FA Cup, come on, that is one of the greatest achievements there has ever been in football, and the feeling I still get when I talk about or see video footage is still absolutely fabulous.
Concentrate on thr league??? Not a chance, get to Wembley it will be with you for life.

When we won the FA Cup in 2013 then got relegated from the PL a few days later, all the reporters were going on saying I bet the Wigan fans would rather have stayed in the PL instead of winning the Cup.
What a load of bollox, don't get me wrong, the PL was alright while it lasted, but Wigan Athletic winning the FA Cup, come on, that is one of the greatest achievements there has ever been in football, and the feeling I still get when I talk about or see video footage is still absolutely fabulous.
Concentrate on thr league??? Not a chance, get to Wembley it will be with you for life.

That's right but we put out weak sides right up to the quarter finals at Everton. Uncanny that we almost went out in the third round in our only home tie. That was to lower League opposition Bournemouth. Last minute equaliser then an away win in the replay.

Our players are 'new' to each other and they need as much 'match' time
together as possible, to enable them to 'gel' as a team,
the sooner this happens the better it will be for the rest of the season.

I didn’t say that King. Read my post above re derby games.

So you're agreeing with me that it would be nice to win but if we lose the fan base won't turn on the manager based on this one result. That was what I was saying that you said was felt was wrong.

We gave 1888 to Rotherham, not sure if that was enforced on the club, a club decision, or a hard limit, it's an odd number for an initial allocation. Maybe it's just something as simple as 2 of the seating blocks, who knows. The stand holds over 5k in total.

Possibly something to do with the number of stewards required for a certain level of spectators in a certain stand.

A manager gains and loses goodwill in every game - if we are doing well in the league but we put out a second string and we lose to Bolton in the cup that we almost certainly aren't going to win - then i don't think it will mean that much to most fans. One game in isolation doesn't make or break you it's about the overall job being done.

Sure we'd like what will likely be our reserves to beat Bolton reserves for bragging rights but it's not very high on the priority list in the grand scheme of things.

I think your prescribing way too much significance to the fixture.
Oh trust me I'm not.
They gave Rotherham 1.8k because that's how much Rotherham asked for with little time to sell the tickets and no pay on the day. Bolton will ask for the 5k and get it. I do wonder how we'll price this one because those c**ts will sell out even if we charge full whack. 5k of them paying £23 could be enough to afford a player.

Oh trust me I'm not.

They gave Rotherham 1.8k because that's how much Rotherham asked for with little time to sell the tickets and no pay on the day. Bolton will ask for the 5k and get it. I do wonder how we'll price this one because those c**ts will sell out even if we charge full whack. 5k of them paying £23 could be enough to afford a player.
Hate to break this to you but, Bolton will get half the gate receipts because its a cup game.