EFL Cup, Burton v Villa Tuesday 28th August, 7:45pm kick off | Page 18 | Vital Football

EFL Cup, Burton v Villa Tuesday 28th August, 7:45pm kick off

Lansbury - 1 - what is the bloody point. He is obviously a waster. The only question is, if this is how bad his attitude is, what the hell is McCormacks like. The walked, and I mean walked around for 90 minutes looking like he didn't give a toss. Got the 1 for a few good balls - horrific performance, an it is not the first time.
I think you're being incredibly generous there HL.

Lansbury is a poor footballer, and to think he was being talked about as captain earlier in pre season :confused:

It is what it is.

All clubs use this cup competition to play fringe and youth players. Bruce didn't do anything out of the ordinary there.

The fringe players once again failed to step up... is that Bruce's fault? i dunno... judging by what has been said above about Lansbury walking round and De Laet just been awful, I dunno..... I doubt he asked them to go out and do that.

I'm not saying the manager is immune to criticism, of course not. It looks like the fringe players are refusing to play for him, which in itself is a worry. I've always said when the players stop playing for a manager it's the beginning of the end, but l think the main 11 are still playing for him which is the main thing.

If it gets to a point where McGinn, Chester, Hutton, Jack, Kodjia are behaving like that lot last night then it'll be time for Bruce to move on, but I don't think thats happening.

Remember Leeds lost to 10 man preston 3-0 too, so even in all the hype around Bielsa the same could be levelled at him in terms of thier fringe players not playing for him.

At the end of the day nobody wants to play in this crappy cup.

I have a bone to pick with your second sentence Deano, you say; "Bruce didn't do anything out of the ordinary there."
I think you are 100% wrong in that statement.
I challenge you to name another football manager who would start a game with 3 rightbacks in the team, then remove the only centreback in the team and replace him with - have you guessed yet - yes thats correct, another rightback while having his first choice centreback pairing sitting on the bench.
Can you also come up with a plausible, even a slightly plausible reason why he would play long ball punts to a forward who can be no more than five foot six tall and weigh no more than eight and a half stone, soaking wet?
This is the start of his third season as manager and things have not only not improved but, are in the process of going backwards.
As for nobody wanting to play in this crappy cup, may I remind you, we have won this crappy cup several times, admittedly when it was known by different names and a piece of silverware at the end of the season, is still something to be proud of.

Lansbury is a poor footballer, and to think he was being talked about as captain earlier in pre season :confused:

Oh danvilla2, please tell me you haven't fallen for the story that Lansbury is any type of a footballer, I had always thought you had more sense than that.

I challenge you to name another football manager who would start a game with 3 rightbacks in the team, then remove the only centreback in the team and replace him with - have you guessed yet - yes thats correct, another rightback while having his first choice centreback pairing sitting on the bench.

Well Leeds played without a single recognised right back.

Not the same thing but proof that all managers are experimenting and playing people out of position.

Well Leeds played without a single recognised right back.

Not the same thing but proof that all managers are experimenting and playing people out of position.

Deano mate, if what Bruce is doing is experimenting, it's long gone the time when he stopped and remembered, he's now into his third season with this team.

If Bruce "had" of played the kids - I would have said fair play but he didn't did he, well, he played three kids ONLY ONE OF EM IS OURS but thats beside the point.

Aaargh.... forget it. For those saying "mass hyseria" and things like that, then more fool you. That was an utter embarrassment last night - not my words - our managers !!.

1660 people last night didn't even boo. It was soooo bad it was actually funny. Instead of booing, the crowd were laughing - can you imagine how bad it must be for that to happen ?

Lansbury looked decent on his debut then hasn't looked any good since. He'll be another that we're stuck with till his contract runs out.

Let’s play a game of speculation. Wonder who his problem players are? Lansbury? Hourihane? Taylor?

Really dont know what Bruce expects from the so called fringe players he constantly goes out his way to derail their careers and then has the balls to blame them when things go wrong if he doesn’t fancy a player/players then why sign them in the first place and why not move them on as they are obviously not going to feature in the 1st team, Bruce seems petty minded as well as clueless

Lansbury looked decent on his debut then hasn't looked any good since. He'll be another that we're stuck with till his contract runs out.

Lansbury is decent and still would be in knobhead used him in his natural position, and no I don’t mean in goal

Lansbury is decent and still would be in knobhead used him in his natural position, and no I don’t mean in goal

Sorry but Lansbury is gash and thinks he's better than he is. I'm sure we only signed him because his transfer fee was slashed with only 6 months left on his contract. Forest fans were warning us he wasnt all that when he signed - dont think many were sorry to see him go

I had a fair few people who were fans of championship teams tell me what a great signing Lansbury would be when he joined, they swear they weren't taking the piss but I'm not so sure. I'm sick of him now to be honest, I'd rather JDH be on the bench than him.

I thought Lansbury would be a good signing too but he just hasn't done the business. People like Hourihane have come here got their heads down and performed so Lansbury can't really blame anybody but himself.

I had a fair few people who were fans of championship teams tell me what a great signing Lansbury would be when he joined, they swear they weren't taking the piss but I'm not so sure. I'm sick of him now to be honest, I'd rather JDH be on the bench than him.

I'm sure there's talent in there somewhere, he was highly thought of at Arsenal as a youngster. He just doesnt seem to have the desire to succeed - probably already thinks he has as he's on £35k a week or thereabouts