EFL Cup, Burton v Villa Tuesday 28th August, 7:45pm kick off | Vital Football

EFL Cup, Burton v Villa Tuesday 28th August, 7:45pm kick off

Pride of Lions

I am now official
After yesterdays' disappointment again, we have the EFL Cup take our minds away for a while.

So it's Burton away. Another one we should win, but will we? More to the point, how many 'square' players will Bruce play in 'round' holes this time....... yesterday it was 4!

Will he play a putrid 1 up front and play for the draw?........

How long will this be allowed to go on?......

But down to Tuesdays' match eh................

We'll probably scrape a win here. Hopefully RHM, JDH can get some more game time. Maybe Bolasie will be given a run out as well.

Moreira in goal.
Hopefully Tuanzebe will get to play in the centre with Chester.
DeLaet at rightback and Taylor at leftback.
Whelan and Doyle-Hayes in the centre of midfield with Bolasie and El Ghazi out wide with Knibbs and McKirdy up front.

Moreira in goal. Elphick and De Laet at CB. El Gazza will start as will Bolasie but what position only Bruce will know. RHM up front on his own and out fought all game. Grealish and Kodjia will not be chanced. Green will get game time, Whelan and Hourihane in the middle of midfield. Not sure who else will start. Bit of a banana skin and I can see us going down 2:0, and Bruce will come out and say we was unlucky and that we can now focus on the League now till January and get this club back where it belongs in the top flight.

Is this on tv? Or on sky red button. I know EFL games are but not sure about cup matches.

Have the faintest about the actual squad, but there will be major changes. Depends on who Bruce wants fresh for the Sheffield U game. But, guessing, it'll be Moreira in goal, Chester will still play, Taylor left back. If Bruce wants to make sure his new players get game time and Jack and McGinn aren't playing, then maybe something like:

Moreira

De Laet Elphick Chester Taylor

Whelan Hayes

El Ghazi Bolassie Adomah

Hepburn-Murphy

Possible O'Hare is ready for the bench. Wonder if Davis might be. If neither, then Knibbs and McKirdy. Otherwise think it'll be made up of regulars.

Result. We should have too much for them. 4-1. With that line-up should be an interesting game.

Have the faintest about the actual squad, but there will be major changes. Depends on who Bruce wants fresh for the Sheffield U game. But, guessing, it'll be Moreira in goal, Chester will still play, Taylor left back. If Bruce wants to make sure his new players get game time and Jack and McGinn aren't playing, then maybe something like:

Moreira

De Laet Elphick Chester Taylor

Whelan Hayes

El Ghazi Bolassie Adomah

Hepburn-Murphy

Possible O'Hare is ready for the bench. Wonder if Davis might be. If neither, then Knibbs and McKirdy. Otherwise think it'll be made up of regulars.

Result. We should have too much for them. 4-1. With that line-up should be an interesting game.

You've turned into Steve Bruce mate 3 wingers! Chester won't play it will be Axel .
I really don't care , I like to think this game is a free hit

Convincing win and good dominant performance. I will then think that Bruce has cracked it and this is the start of something that will finally see us get a grip of the league........

And then we will lose or draw to Sheff United in an insipid away performance.

Looking at the lack of urgency from some on Saturday, I'd expect wholesale changes to keep them fresh for Sheffield at the weekend. I'd like to see him stick Axel in at CB though to get another look at him there. Jack & McGinn definitely wont be involved with their knocks. Chances are Burton will rest players themselves. A couple of goals from Hourihane to give Brucie another headache for next weekend.

Cannot wait - my 65th league ground done with the Villa !.

To be honest, I am not bothered about the team we play, I am not particularly bothered about the result if truth be told, I obviously want us to win, but we aren't gonna win the thing are we - all I see the EFL Cup for now is a chance to get to new ground so if we win can we get one of the 27 remaining for me please - and in reality, that will mean Brighton, Burnley or Brentford away please - if not, I ain't bothered.

We will play a second, and maybe even a third string, Moreira, De Laet, RHM, JDH with a couple of the new guys to get them fit - and that still should be enough

Win - 2-0 and then can even get my celebratory Chips Curry and Rice where I used to get it prior to leaving Brum in Erdington

Nice one !

Moriera
DeLaet Tuanzebdee Elphick Bree

Bolasie Hourihane Lansbury El Ghazi

Doyle-Hayes
Hepburn-Murphy

If Lansbury, DeLaet and Bree don't play in games like these, then they should be loaned out as they clearly will have no other foreseeable opportunities.

Moreira

Bree
Elphick
Tuanzebe
DeLaet

Hourihane
Doyle-Hayes

Bolasie
O'Hare
El Ghazi

Knibbs

But Bruce will probably go with: