EFL 2 Week 2 Away Attendences | Vital Football

EFL 2 Week 2 Away Attendences

StrangelyBrown

Vital Squad Member
Interesting day for those travelling across the highways and bye-ways today.

Only number I couldn't find anywhere is Exeter at Morecambe so if anyone finds it and would be good enough to pass it on- thanks.

Grimsby were top of the tree this week at Macclesfield which is (though it pains me to say it), a great following after last week's result.

Oldham took a strong contingent to Nailsworth and may fill more of the SW than I originally thought they might when they visit us.

County's following to Cambridge was pretty poor considering the noise pre season around the club and promotion potential but it is still holiday season!

Otherwise Week 2 below

Grimsby 852
Oldham 844
Notts County 667
Swindon 491
Northampton Town 349
Bury 349
Mansfield 315
Port Vale 311
Crewe 253
Stevenage 140
Cheltenham 154
Exeter

That's a surprisingly good following for Oldham at Forest Green. Maybe the novelty of a new ground to visit and some 92 clubbers?

That's a surprisingly good following for Oldham at Forest Green. Maybe the novelty of a new ground to visit and some 92 clubbers?

Did wonder if the "new ground" had pulled a few more down- I didn't check before posting but their visit to SB is a Tuesday night in March which will impact on visitor numbers (similar to our visit to Tranmere in September)

So having lost Luton & Coventry do we have a chance of topping home & away attendances?

There's probably only MK Dons and County who are likely to challenge us for this due to the size of their grounds but that will all depend on how the clubs so. Both have had around 7 thousand for their initial home games but if they start flying that could potentially double

Some decent followings there. Good numbers from the cods, Maccelsfield is always a dog to get to.

One Exeter supporter estimated 150 - 180, which looks about right from this:

I made it 194 on counting them (there will be a level of human error in this) but neither Morecambe nor Exeter are shouting about the away end numbers for this game so counting on my fingers is all I can do!

As previously said, will also update on the cumulative season average as we go along each month as well as the weekly numbers.

Unless we fall off a cliff performance wise (which would invariably affect away numbers), I think we will be in there for the highest seasonal average- there are several games which may have 1500-2500 away Imps (Grimsby, Mansfield, Cambridge, MK Dons, Oldham, Bury, Macc etc ). A repeat of the 4,300 at County last season would also be phenomenal.

If Oldham start to do well (as with Vale, Grimsby and MK) then they have "potential" big away following but so do we.

I suspect the MK Dons away (6th April) could be another 'Impvasion'. Maybe 3-4k ? With it being a big ground, relatively easy to get to and them likely to be up near the top. Depends how both teams are faring, I suppose.

I suspect the MK Dons away (6th April) could be another 'Impvasion'. Maybe 3-4k ? With it being a big ground, relatively easy to get to and them likely to be up near the top. Depends how both teams are faring, I suppose.

IF we continue to be in the top 3 by the time we get to MK, I think this could be one of those games which goes viral. IF we are still in the mix, this could easily be another Coventry and I wouldn't put any number out of the question.