Notts County 1981
Leicester 1982
Manchester City 1996
Wembley 2018
Boston 1987
Doncaster 1991
Arsenal 2017
Chesterfield 1982
I was thinking I wouldn't remember more than a couple of year back, but Scotimp I could go with all of yours apart from Doncaster, which I can't have been at !
Would add Burnley & Ipswich 2017 and Watford 1981or 2 and Scunthorpe in the play-offs

Me, too. Looks like a new thread coming up...

What are your top ten away trips?

I'd have to include, in no particular order:

Fulham (League Cup)
Carlisle Utd (Bailey's goal)
Barnet (as mentioned above)
Swindon Town (went top, more post-match celebrations in the stairwell)
Doncaster Rovers (Friday night game in pouring rain at Belle Vue, won 2-0)
Derby County (League Cup 1967)
Wembley (Checkatrade Final)
Ipswich Town (FA Cup)
Burnley (Same FA Cup)
Grimsby Town (2-4 Yeo hat-trick)

There are so many more I could choose.

In the Carlisle game Peter Gains goal was even better than Baileys. Must of been at least 14 consecutive passes before he chipped over the keeper. Close to the top of my favourite goals ever.......

If that was the 2-2 draw at the Old Showground, Botham didn't play. He came on as sub at Sincil Bank a couple of season's later when his drinking mucker Joe Neenan got him self in a spot of bother. I recall it was either a 3-1 or 2-1 win for the Imps.
Went to both of those games. Botham was pretty heavy for a footballer I seem to remember. Also, is it my imagination or did Scunthorpe play in all red back then?

Went to both of those games. Botham was pretty heavy for a footballer I seem to remember. Also, is it my imagination or did Scunthorpe play in all red back then?

They did use to play in all red,certainly in the late 60's and early 70's.Not sure when they changed

This definitely deserves its own thread. My list includes some of the highest attendances and some of the lowest, but all memorable:-
1 Coventry 2018, 4-2- not been mentioned yet? Awesome on and off the pitch
2 WBA 1976 - FA Cup, 2-3 see-saw match, great atmosphere, Smith superb some kid called Robson settled it from 30 yards.
3 Leicester 1975 League Cup, 1-2 - first time watching Imps in a 'big' ground, interesting experience in pre-segregation days, the team did us proud and we were robbed by a dive (see also 10, plus ca change)
4 Chester, May 1982 - Div 3, 2-1 - an odd one with just over 1000, but the edgy win against a relegated side kept us in contention for promotion and me working out the logistics for Fulham.
5 Man City 1996 League Cup, 1-0 - the only day I witnessed a B**k team play well, what a night, what a performance from Sir Gareth.
6 Arsenal 2017 - forget the score, pinch me, how did that happen? Then we held them for nearly 45 minutes.
7 Wembley 2018 - ditto but remember the score, 1-0!
8 Scunny 1976 - 2-0, my first Imps league away win, irresistsble on the way to the title, Big Sam scores from inside his own half
9 Walsall 2012 FA Cup - 3-2 aet, before the 2016-17 malarkey, first ever FA Cup win v team 2 divisions or more higher. Less than 2000, but we made some atmosphere, Power superb, briefly Holdsworth's team looked the real deal. Hey ho. Then 'It's a goal Michael' to enjoy later
10 Huddersfield 2004 PO Semi - 2-2, shades Macc the following year, wrong outcome but great performance and atmosphere, 2-0 HT, Butch's 'shhh', Bailey's blaster, robbed by Booth's dive, the dumb local's pitch invasion, Bailey fighting through to say a proper goodbye.

If that was the 2-2 draw at the Old Showground, Botham didn't play. He came on as sub at Sincil Bank a couple of season's later when his drinking mucker Joe Neenan got him self in a spot of bother. I recall it was either a 3-1 or 2-1 win for the Imps.
I'm fairly sure it was the season before the 2-2 game as I was at that one as well. If I had to put money on it I would say it was the 1979/80 season but the passage of time does play tricks. I remember being excited as it was the first time at Scunthorpe. My Dad took me in the paddock of the main stand which may well have been home fans. He had previous having taken me in The Pontoon for my first away game at cods.

Nope, claret and blue.

Yes, Beefy was carring some timber back then.
Definitely red circa 1980 to 1981. I remember being surprised when they later went to claret and blue not realising it was their traditional strip. Another one of those daft strip copies when they wanted to have a Liverpool strip and we had dabbled with Arsenal a decade earlier.

Been some great memories rekindled here but possibly the most important away win ever in the history of LCFC was the 3-2 at FGR with the late late show. Winning that completely changed the mentality of the fans and if we had lost would FGR have been pegged back.

Been some great memories rekindled here but possibly the most important away win ever in the history of LCFC was the 3-2 at FGR with the late late show. Winning that completely changed the mentality of the fans and if we had lost would FGR have been pegged back.

Best league away game I have ever attended, bar none.

2-0 down, then Woodyard 68, Waterfall 89, Raggett 91.

Scenes.