EFL 2 Week 11 Away Attendances | Vital Football

EFL 2 Week 11 Away Attendances

StrangelyBrown

Vital Squad Member
Update on those who have traipsed and traversed the arteries of our green and pleasant land.

Curtailed fixture list due to the international break- Imps take the weekly away award and add another 1,000+ following to the season total.

Season best away following so far for Bury. MK, Crawley, FGR and Morecambe as well which is some feat.

Finally thanks to Hitherimp who has pointed me in the right direction for sniping (and I am suitably embarrassed I didn't think of that) hence the new, Gucci, table below!

1539448614582.png

Swindon at Exeter was low, havn't they finished those new Stands (bike sheds) for away fans yet?
It's the world record for longest construction time for a bike shed - that's for the away end.. The stand along the side of the pitch looks quite nice but it only runs for 2/3 of the pitch . And the gap is between that stand and the home end (?!). Looks very strange, shades of our Subbeteo (selenity) stand...

It's the world record for longest construction time for a bike shed - that's for the away end.. The stand along the side of the pitch looks quite nice but it only runs for 2/3 of the pitch . And the gap is between that stand and the home end (?!). Looks very strange, shades of our Subbeteo (selenity) stand...

They cannot do anything about the 2/3rds stand. The gap is due to the immediate proximity of a railway cutting.

As for the away end, the stand was gifted to them by Barnet. They only had to do the groundworks and reassemble it.

Over 250 villagers to an away game: good effort.

A good number of yesterday's games were relatively local:

MK Dons to Cambridge 49 miles
Bury to Crewe 50 miles
Macclesfield to Tranmere 51 miles
Morecambe to Carlisle 68 miles
Forest Green to Northampton 85 miles
Crawley to Colchester 89 miles
Lincoln to Port Vale 95 miles
Swindon to Exeter 117 miles

Anything less than 50 miles is relatively local (still a 100 mile round trip) but anything above 100 mile round trip is more "relatively" than "local".

Good point though and probably explains why several clubs had their season to date best away following- even with iFollow!

Anything less than 50 miles is relatively local (still a 100 mile round trip) but anything above 100 mile round trip is more "relatively" than "local".

Good point though and probably explains why several clubs had their season to date best away following- even with iFollow!

It all depends in which epoch your assumptions are based upon as to what is local.

They cannot do anything about the 2/3rds stand. The gap is due to the immediate proximity of a railway cutting.

As for the away end, the stand was gifted to them by Barnet. They only had to do the groundworks and reassemble it.

Also they couldn't build the away end until the new main stand was complete as they were using that area as access to the main stand build

I remember standing in that Barnet away stand. It's made of metal, I think. It was very bouncy! Was that the game when Nolan scored a late equaliser and we hung around for ages after the final whistle?

I remember standing in that Barnet away stand. It's made of metal, I think. It was very bouncy! Was that the game when Nolan scored a late equaliser and we hung around for ages after the final whistle?

What a game that was, the atmosphere in that stand was amazing. When Nolan scored...........such scenes, and singing for about 20 minutes after the game had finished.