Eff You Money! | Vital Football

Eff You Money!

Good man. Get yourself rid of those vultures.

I find Dave Ramsey good for motivation when I feel like spending lots of money on something stupid.

Will look him up, not heard of him?

Yeah, I was in the process of trying to move to a bigger place. Then I sat down and had a long hard think, I want to be free, not more reliant!

Tony Robbins - Money Master The Game. Half of the book is psychology and the 2nd half looks at how the very rich allocate their funds. Well worth the investment.

Will look him up, not heard of him?

Yeah, I was in the process of trying to move to a bigger place. Then I sat down and had a long hard think, I want to be free, not more reliant!

He has tons of videos on YouTube. You can buy his book etc but he explains his whole philosophy on YouTube. I found it really useful. Between car loans and business loans I discovered I was about £80k in debt. I paid it all off in about 18 months when I was intentional about it. At one point, I figure I must have been about £140k in debt and I didn't even realise it because I was only focused on what the monthly repayments were.

Oh yes, once I saw him I recognised him!

He does have his fair share of ott life enhancing psychology stuff out there and half the book looks at that as well. But the asset allocation stuff is very good. I'll be putting my pension pot to work using it.

I don’t know if this is related but I wonder how many people would have be fucked for every 1% interest rates uptick. It feels like the low interest rates have boosted spending on all levels for a decade for companies and consumers, but what is left if the economy crashes whilst interest rates are already low? Quantitative easing :eek:

I don’t know enough about economics to know but it’s intriguing.

I don’t know if this is related but I wonder how many people would have be fucked for every 1% interest rates uptick. It feels like the low interest rates have boosted spending on all levels for a decade for companies and consumers, but what is left if the economy crashes whilst interest rates are already low? Quantitative easing :eek:

I don’t know enough about economics to know but it’s intriguing.

Recessions are part of the economic cycles. The next one is going to be bad because quantitative easing has been expended and interest rates are already near 0. Brexit is going to make things particularly bad in Britain but still, recessions are necessary. I believe that quantitative easing was a big mistake and the problems of 2008 were never dealt with. They are going to come back with a vengeance in the 2020s.

Recessions are part of the economic cycles. The next one is going to be bad because quantitative easing has been expended and interest rates are already near 0. Brexit is going to make things particularly bad in Britain but still, recessions are necessary. I believe that quantitative easing was a big mistake and the problems of 2008 were never dealt with. They are going to come back with a vengeance in the 2020s.

Indeed, I saw an article the other day which I couldn’t read in full but the first few paragraphs were talking about what tools the central bank has to kick start the economy, and suggested that the influence will decline.

I guess the concern is that with interest rates already at 0.75%, the high street struggling, many industries built on debt (eg car finance), there isn’t much the BoE can do during the next recession. And we’ll probably get one over the next 3 years with little the BoE can do about it.

Indeed, I saw an article the other day which I couldn’t read in full but the first few paragraphs were talking about what tools the central bank has to kick start the economy, and suggested that the influence will decline.

I guess the concern is that with interest rates already at 0.75%, the high street struggling, many industries built on debt (eg car finance), there isn’t much the BoE can do during the next recession. And we’ll probably get one over the next 3 years with little the BoE can do about it.

In the end of the day, there is nothing wrong with a little recession. It clears out the weaker businesses and bursts the bubbles.

If the politicians weren't so keen on inflating unsustainable bubbles, these recessions wouldn't be so dramatic.

There's a documentary on Netflix called I Am Not Your Guru which is worth a watch if you like this sort of thing. I did his UTPW weekend in Brussels quite a few years ago. I got a lot from it.

There's a documentary on Netflix called I Am Not Your Guru which is worth a watch if you like this sort of thing. I did his UTPW weekend in Brussels quite a few years ago. I got a lot from it.

I just watched that recently. He's a very interesting guy.