Eddie Howe | Vital Football

Eddie Howe

Must admit he's growing on me. Definitely got charisma if nothing else. Looks like he'll have the team working hard as well. I was completely underwhelmed by his signing but he deserves a shot. Could be make or break for his management career this as well.

It is reported that Howe is going to move his family up here. I like that. it shows the right level of commitment in my view.

I think we make our own minds up on who we can attract and if they are suitable. .I'm getting the all the right vibes with Howe so far. He knows he wasn't first choice but then again Emery wouldn't have been mine. I care little for the press reporting with headlines this morning 'Howe begins new era at Newcastle with a whimper' whilst on the opposite page headlines re Gerrard 'Hungry, frank, able to rally a big club - and ideal for Villa'. Of course they know best. If they had their way Bruce would still be in charge with special dispensation to attend the cricket semi final yesterday.

I think we make our own minds up on who we can attract and if they are suitable. .I'm getting the all the right vibes with Howe so far. He knows he wasn't first choice but then again Emery wouldn't have been mine. I care little for the press reporting with headlines this morning 'Howe begins new era at Newcastle with a whimper' whilst on the opposite page headlines re Gerrard 'Hungry, frank, able to rally a big club - and ideal for Villa'. Of course they know best. If they had their way Bruce would still be in charge with special dispensation to attend the cricket semi final yesterday.

Spot on & a quote from Staveley for good measure "The sports direct signs I'm looking forward to coming down. It's a slight frustration when I go into the stadium and I try and take a picture which doesn't have sports direct in it" Wonderful, it's getting better by the day!

We've had years of this deluded geordies bullshit and how we should have loved Mike because he saved the club from bankruptcy. We've been awful to Brucie and all the other shite managers we've had over the years and now we have Eddie while the press blow smoke up Lampard and Gerrard's arsed. I would rather have Eddie in charge for the next 6 months than take the chance of Gerrard or Lampard trying to dig us out the shite. Arseholes to the lot of them. Reading between the lines of Howe's press conference and the interview with Amanda, they are hoping to get us out if the relegation quagmire but preparing for the drop in case it doesn't happen. Have to add that everybody who I have spoken to down here about the takeover are interested to see how it pans out and for somebody else to be up there in amongst it all. And thst includes Chelsea, Spurs and Arse fans.

Likewise everyone I speak to is genuinely interested in how no pun intended it all turns out. I was always happy to give Howe a go.

I bet cabbage heeds missus is looking at cabbage heed and thinking why can't you look like that nice Eddie Howe.....ya fat ugly pig.