Economic hardship | Vital Football

Economic hardship

Bear1951

Vital Football Legend
The parlous situation caused by coronaeconomics presents an ideal opportunity to cut through all the red tape and trial a temporary universal income.

My wife and I are struggling big time tbh. As most of you know we have our own business which involves managing motels on a relief basis and as we have a MASSIVE downturn in hospitality, we're simply now not getting the work we had scheduled as they are all cancelling. We can't get any help from the dole office and although the PM has announced some help for businesses, it's only for businesses that employ staff and not 'self-employed Mum & Dad' businesses.

Need some help Australia!

My daughter was due to start working in the Melbourne courts on Mon BH.
Just told her not starting due to corona shut down. Already left her previous job.

If we're not careful in Australia this is going to leave thousands if not millions of people unemployed as casual labour is the norm here..

If we're not careful in Australia this is going to leave thousands if not millions of people unemployed as casual labour is the norm here..

Really sorry to hear that Bob. Hoping that things sort themselves out earlier than later

I'm wondering how long it is going to take for the majority to come to the realisation that the economic destruction is going to be far worse than the medical implications?