Ebbsfleet | Vital Football

Ebbsfleet

One forced change but why make two unnecessary ones. Fail to see the logic on occasion. As much as l don’t like Donaldson I would have thought Challinor would have went with him today and if he was keeping him in the squad would have left him in his usual role.

As little game time Richardson has had surely he could have done a job for maximum 90 minutes and the rest would stay the same.

Loads wrong today most of it with Pools, some the official and some the opposition‘s serious lack of fair play and unsportsmanlike conduct. I left at the alleged racism incident I had had enough. :red:

Taking into account our recent good form, losing to Ebbsfleet was probably preordained!
Pools had the best of the game, but failed to truly test the goalkeeper. The penalty award looked a bit soft from my place on the terrace, but this was just another poor decision by the referee who was weak and inept throughout.
The Ebbsfleet players were, as is often the case in this division, full of tricks and exploitative of the referee.
However, this can't condone any abuse - if there was any - which may cause further damage to the Club.

Looks like I left before it all kicked off thank goodness, as I think I’d find it difficult to return if I’d have witnessed this at a game of football......

From the bunker:
“Players kicking the ball at fans some idiot on the pitch trying to square up to players.
Players then standing and taunting the crowd after the final whistle. Then our manager fighting with opposition players”

Not sure whether it was opposition or our own players but there is nothing professional about this league, nothing.

:red:

Leaving aside all the unpleasant allegations, I wonder if today was just one game too many. We've had two very demanding away fixtures with the lads giving everything and then today we came up against well organized opposition who didn't have a mid week fixture so they were probably a bit fresher. Also worth saying that the midfielders have been getting most of our goals recently because we really are lacking punch up front. If we'd had a goal scorer, maybe today's result would have been different. All is not lost but the more points we drop the harder it gets. I suspect we wont quite make it this year but fingers crossed.

Whilst under no circumstances can you condone any racist, homophobic or xenophobic behaviour; it is not sufficient just to penalise the perpetrators, there needs to be an investigation into the causes of the said behaviour.

If we do squeeze into the playoffs it will out of good luck and probably down to what others fail to achieve.
We looked at sixes and sevens today and couldn’t deal with the opposition’s work rate and flooding the midfield or maybe their work rate looked like they flooded the midfield.
They were poor and it was going to take a level of refereeing incompetence we’ve become accustomed to to give them the advantage and the points.

At one point the ball was on the roof of the stands more than it was on the grass they really were that effing bad, but we still couldn’t cope. It may well have been fatigue but they are that boagey team we just can’t beat. Thing is that list of boagey teams is growing the longer we stay in this league... Harrogate, Dover, Ebbsfleet etc. etc.
On occasion we seem to have difficulties with both the physical and mental side of National league football.

Challinor is the manager to get us out of here but he needs to take a look at himself every now and then today was one of them times.
:red:

Lessons to be taken from Saturday's match
- Pools still lack streetwise skills, to manage games
- Pools still lack a proven goalscorer
- Pools don't have the nous to influence referees
-Supporters too quickly turn on officials and home players, when things aren't going well