Ebbsfleet | Vital Football

Ebbsfleet

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Really important we continue to build momentum at Ebbsfleet. They have been poor this season but have been improving lately. Hoping for three points but predicting Pools wins does not sit easily with me. We could just as easily slip up as we could win. I still have concerns about our defence which is slightly flakey at times. Anyway, as always, fingers crossed.

I gave up trying to predict how Pools would perform years ago. Even when the expected outcome is to suffer a major defeat, they are just as likely to come away with a victory.
While tomorrow's game is not a "must win" the feeling is that we have to get results, and quickly, if we are to break into the playoff pack.
That said I anticipate that Pools will at best get a draw.

Another disappointing result, Pools throw away a 2 goal halftime lead!
Just don't have that ability to see a game out. We can only hope that Challinor can instill that missing element into our performances.

Unbelievable. Two goals up and coasting, opposition down to 10 men and we pissed it away. I said I had concerns about Flakey defence and my fears were proven. Don't matter who the manager is, what formation we play, we just don't seem able to manage games properly. I wonder if Killip is palpable? The description of the 2nd goal from the Ebsfleet twitter was "the goalkeeper let it in". Hopefully Challinor will learn a bit more about this team today.

I suppose today's result is a perfect demonstration of why over the course of 50+ years supporting Pools I have come to the conclusion that it is impossible to predict anything where Pools are concerned.
I still think Pools can get into the playoff places by seasons end, but only if they can tighten up defensively.

"We were naive" - Dave Challinor
That is your responsibility to fix the mentality leading to this.

Last edited:
Completely agree. Challinor was appointed to try and eradicate this kind of surrender. He now has a close up view of what can happens when the opposition put us under pressure. Fingers crossed he is able to fix it. I have seen some footage of the second Ebsfleet goal. It was hardly a devastating finish. A header in the centre of the goal with no pace on it: Killip seemed to fall over the top of it. A disgrace in my view. We will get nowhere with that clown in goal. He is very keen at making full length diving saves but when the ball is near him he seems unable to deal with it. I hope Challinor chases him. He is costing us.

Bad day at Black Rock when we’re not happy with a point away from home!!
I totally understand it was the way in which we gained that point but how many times as pools fans have we witnessed capitulation and drop two points from a winning position in the past.

Challinor is yet to taste defeat as pools’ manager, we’re moving in the right direction.
:red: