Eaves deal fan poll ? | Vital Football

Eaves deal fan poll ?

How much would you want to sell Eaves this month?

Votes: 2 4.5%

Votes: 6 13.6%

Votes: 4 9.1%

Votes: 10 22.7%

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • 600 to 700k

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • 800 to 900k

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Million +

Votes: 8 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chris who

Vital Champions League
I was wondering how much you would except for Eaves?With Eaves very unlikely to sign so in my book we have little choice if we get a decent offer.But what in your view is decent.?

Given if he does go we probably will not know how much anyway. It is just what you would want before you agreed. If you were in a position to decide.

It is disappointing that Tom isn't at least considering signing a contract. Whilst with his form this season and most of last, it is understandable that he wants to better himself, given he has improved greatly as a player at GFC and especially under SL, I would have thought he'd have at least had some talks with the club. However, we have to prepare for him to move on, but I think he is vital to our staying in the division, so we should do all we can to hang on to him and, given our League One status relies on him quite a lot, any bid for him would need to reflect the value keeping us in the division, so I wouldn't want to accept anything other than a substantial offer over £500K - otherwise, it's just not worth the risk. The good thing is that since the window has been open, Cardiff aside, Tom has been either injured or not in the best of form, so maybe those suiting him might be put off?

Ahearne-Grant supposedly on way to Huddersfield for £1.5m.
Does that mean Eaves on his way to Charlton as a replacement?

Ahearne-Grant supposedly on way to Huddersfield for £1.5m.
Does that mean Eaves on his way to Charlton as a replacement?

Scally said around Christmas that Eaves was only looking to join a Championship club, so Charlton don't fit that bill - there is an outside chance they might get promoted, but not the guarantee that he'll be playing Championship football next season, which Tom purportedly is looking for and no chance of it this season, if he goes there!

Do we have any official news?

Only that Scally said about a month back that Eaves and Holy wouldn't be signing a new contract. However, that's not strictly official and if the month passes with little or no interest maybe both of the unlucky Toms will change their mind and reconsider? Holy certainly has absolutely no reason or grounds to not have contract talks with us.

Only that Scally said about a month back that Eaves and Holy wouldn't be signing a new contract. However, that's not strictly official and if the month passes with little or no interest maybe both of the unlucky Toms will change their mind and reconsider? Holy certainly has absolutely no reason or grounds to not have contract talks with us.
Certainly not at the moment

The only time in the last couple of months we have scored more than 2 goals was against Burton, Eaves wasn't playing.
We rely on Eaves too much and change our game, playing the long ball for him is not good for everyone else.
If he stays good , if he goes so be it.

The only time in the last couple of months we have scored more than 2 goals was against Burton, Eaves wasn't playing.
We rely on Eaves too much and change our game, playing the long ball for him is not good for everyone else.
If he stays good , if he goes so be it.

He hasn't been in the best of form lately, perhaps the transfer speculation is affecting him, or maybe he was genuinely injured with the thigh strain or whatever it was, and he isn't quite 100% fit currently.

Did no read the question properly, "how much would you want to sell Eves for", I answered on the basis of the amount I thought he would go for. My answer would have been £50m +, not £200K:slap:

The good thing is that since the window has been open, Cardiff aside, Tom has been either injured or not in the best of form, so maybe those suiting him might be put off?

Not sure Eaves being out of form is a good thing for us, unless he finds his form again pretty quickly.

Apart from us, who know him, who wants him? Marquis is the man to be sought after, with 16 goals and 1 assist and a 56% on target shot rate. Eaves is way, way back on the list, with only 14 goals and one assist and a low shot rate of only 51% on target.
Forget the millions, that will be for Marquis. For 7th placed Eaves, I would on suggest £100,000, if we pray.

£250k would be a nice amount to receive now, given he will leave in the summmer anyway.
The question is who can we get to replace him and why has nobody come in so far.
It looks like Lovell has had to release Wilko and Nash in order to fund 2 loan players who Radio Kent said would come in this week.
There seems to be no spare money for the playing budget at all, perhaps the Cup prize money hasn’t been paid yet