Eating meat is immoral | Page 5 | Vital Football

Eating meat is immoral

Think what you wish, try and make as many excuses as you want but the cold hard facts are that the findings are in stone, they aren't going away and Labour are on a par with the BNP - FACT
It is a fact you eat meat. That does not make it right. For a very long time, it was fact that the Birmingham Six were guilty of the Birmingham bombings. That was plainly wrong too. The list here could go on and on

It is a fact you eat meat. That does not make it right. For a very long time, it was fact that the Birmingham Six were guilty of the Birmingham bombings. That was plainly wrong too. The list here could go on and on

Eating meat - right or wrong, that's personal opinion, not fact.

When the labour Party are 'acquitted' of the EHCR findings they will be 'innocent' of racism for want of a better description. They haven't been, they aren't.

Until then they are in the same category as the BNP, or is one type of racism worse than another in your opinion.

Last edited:
Eating meat - right or wrong, that's personal opinion, not fact.

When the labour Party are 'acquitted' of the EHCR findings they will be 'innocent' of racism for want of a better description. They haven't been, they aren't.

Until then they are in the same category as the BNP, or is one type of racism worse than another in your opinion.
No. Eating meat is morally wrong. There is no moral justification for it so it is a fact. Personal choice does not make it morally right. Murder, rape etc are all somebodies' personal choice. It does not make them morally right. Give me one moral justification for eating meat.

No. Eating meat is morally wrong. There is no moral justification for it so it is a fact. Personal choice does not make it morally right. Murder, rape etc are all somebodies' personal choice. It does not make them morally right. Give me one moral justification for eating meat.
Try not to confuse morals with criminal offences. Eating meat is not an offence or there would be a law against it. It is personal choice which is either acceptable or unacceptable based upon a subjective moral view point. Rape is a criminal offence and therefore legally has no moral acceptability. It is objective and non negotiable.

My body has evolved to eat meat. It starts in the mouth with canines and incisors and carries on throughout the digestive system. I guess it is meant to be, but that's only my opinion. Your different opinion may be equally valid.

BTW - Do you have something against the Jewish Community? It's just that regarding your earlier post I don't really understand why you have to conflate the issue of Islamic Halal meat with a government conspiracy to support the 'Zionist Israeli nationalist government'. (Yes I know what Kosher meat is but that doesn't make Halal meat the fault of the Jews or government. There's nothing to stop the Moslem Community from taking personal responsibility for Halal).

With your strong commentary on that, in conjunction with your zeal to justify the racist anti-semitic Labour Party actions as reasonable; it's almost like you have an issue with Jewish people.

Last edited:
Try not to confuse morals with criminal offences. Eating meat is not an offence or there would be a law against it. It is personal choice which is either acceptable or unacceptable based upon a subjective moral view point. Rape is a criminal offence and therefore legally has no moral acceptability. It is objective and non negotiable.

My body has evolved to eat meat. It starts in the mouth with canines and incisors and carries on throughout the digestive system. I guess it is meant to be, but that's only my opinion. Your different opinion may be equally valid.

BTW - Do you have something against the Jewish Community? It's just that regarding your earlier post I don't really understand why you have to conflate the issue of Islamic Halal meat with a government conspiracy to support the 'Zionist Israeli nationalist government'. (Yes I know what Kosher meat is but that doesn't make Halal meat the fault of the Jews or government. There's nothing to stop the Moslem Community from taking personal responsibility for Halal).

With your strong commentary on that, in conjunction with your zeal to justify the racist anti-semitic Labour Party actions as reasonable; it's almost like you have an issue with Jewish people.
I have nothing against Jewish people. It seems you are also conflating being anti the racist and nationalist policies of the the Israeli government to slur people who disagree with you on other issues. Why is the antisemtims bar set so low? Did opposing Mugabe make me racist against black people? Does opposing the nationalist Indian BJP government make me anti Indian or Hindu? if I oppose the Burmese government, does that make me anti Buddhist? If I oppose IS, does that make me Islamaphobic? Or do none of those suit your warped agenda.

I will deal with your ignorant assertions with regards to eating meat separately as I have had to type that three times on my phone.

I have nothing against Jewish people. It seems you are also conflating being anti the racist and nationalist policies of the the Israeli government to slur people who disagree with you on other issues. Why is the antisemtims bar set so low? Did opposing Mugabe make me racist against black people? Does opposing the nationalist Indian BJP government make me anti Indian or Hindu? if I oppose the Burmese government, does that make me anti Buddhist? If I oppose IS, does that make me Islamaphobic? Or do none of those suit your warped agenda.

I will deal with your ignorant assertions with regards to eating meat separately as I have had to type that three times on my phone.

Actually you were party to setting the agenda with your bizarre comments about Halal meat and a government conspiracy involving the Israeli nation, in conjunction with your desperate attempts to defend the racist actions of the Labour Party (who even accept themselves they had behaved appallingly towards Jewish people). So antipathy towards Israel plus denial of proven antisemitism; together, a case could be made for the antisemitism bar being set quite high there.

At face value there is a possibility the two issues are linked and I made a perfectly logical query as to whether you had a problem with Jewish people and invited you to explain your antipathy towards Israel and the staunch denial of proven antisemitism.

I merely asked for clarification based upon your own previous comments and statements.

Are you a vegan Tory or do you lack the empathy to be a vegan?

I’m neither a Tory nor a vegan, in fact I voted labour last time entirely based on their anti-fox hunting stance.

But to relate voting preference and eating habits is bizarre - are you really trying to tell me there is no right wing vegans?

‘Thought as much, no real substance to your objection to my post, just trying to discredit‘

Life sure does come at you quick.

It didn’t deserve any substance.. do you think his statement is true?

No. Eating meat is morally wrong. There is no moral justification for it so it is a fact.

Morally wrong because you said so?

I actually think it’s morally wrong of vegans not eating meat, the animal has been slaughtered already and if not eaten it’s gone to waste.. which is far more morally wrong.

Morally wrong because you said so?

I actually think it’s morally wrong of vegans not eating meat, the animal has been slaughtered already and if not eaten it’s gone to waste.. which is far more morally wrong.
But vegans are vegans before the meat is slaughtered so vegans create no demand for animals to be slaughtered. Your argument there is completely illogical.

Last edited:
Actually you were party to setting the agenda with your bizarre comments about Halal meat and a government conspiracy involving the Israeli nation, in conjunction with your desperate attempts to defend the racist actions of the Labour Party (who even accept themselves they had behaved appallingly towards Jewish people). So antipathy towards Israel plus denial of proven antisemitism; together, a case could be made for the antisemitism bar being set quite high there.

At face value there is a possibility the two issues are linked and I made a perfectly logical query as to whether you had a problem with Jewish people and invited you to explain your antipathy towards Israel and the staunch denial of proven antisemitism.

I merely asked for clarification based upon your own previous comments and statements.
Halal and shechita are virtually identical in their requirements. I was pointing out the hypocrisy in opposing halal and not opposing shechita, that is all. How is that antisemitic? I also recognised that the Tories see this too and banning one would mean banning the other so in this respect it is shechita that protects halal as "letterbox" Boris would have no problem banning halal if the practice were unique to Islam.

Last edited:
But vegans are vegans before the meat is slaughtered so vegans create no demand for animals to be slaughtered. Your argument there is completely illogical.

Not necessarily, if I became a vegan today, I’ve already created the demand for meat, leather etc.

If you turned the majority of us vegan today, then there would be so many animal slaughterings for no reason.. sounds immoral to me.

Not necessarily, if I became a vegan today, I’ve already created the demand for meat, leather etc.

If you turned the majority of us vegan today, then there would be so many animal slaughterings for no reason.. sounds immoral to me.
As likely as me being stranded on a desert island with a pig. If you turned vegan today, the animal that would have been slaughtered to provide you and a fair few other people with some shrink wrapped cheap meat may well still be slaughtered, but if you remain vegan from then, you will have reduced that demand permanently and consequently fewer animals will be slaughtered. As I said, illogical.

As likely as me being stranded on a desert island with a pig. If you turned vegan today, the animal that would have been slaughtered to provide you and a fair few other people with some shrink wrapped cheap meat may well still be slaughtered, but if you remain vegan from then, you will have reduced that demand permanently and consequently fewer animals will be slaughtered. As I said, illogical.

There is always going to be a demand for animals to be slaughtered.. for leather etc.

Would you rather an animal live a good life or no life at all?

Are you a vegan yourself?

I must admit, I would love to be able to vegetarian but I don’t think I would succeed (definitely couldn’t do vegan).

I however do not eat lamb because I don’t agree with the age of slaughter, so despite me being deliberately obtuse due to you stating opinion as fact I can see your side of the topic.

edit: can see your side (not can’t).

Last edited:
There is always going to be a demand for animals to be slaughtered.. for leather etc.

Would you rather an animal live a good life or no life at all?

Are you a vegan yourself?

I must admit, I would love to be able to vegetarian but I don’t think I would succeed (definitely couldn’t do vegan).

I however do not eat lamb because I don’t agree with the age of slaughter, so despite me being deliberately obtuse due to you stating opinion as fact I can’t see your side of the topic.
Vegetable alternatives to leather (look up muskin and cork leather) are being very rapidly developed as yes, I am vegan so I do not wear leather. And a heartfelt thanks for your stance on lamb btw. You are already decreasing demand there.

I have no desire to see the continued survival of non-natural animals.

Halal and shechita are virtually identical in their requirements. I was pointing out the hypocrisy in opposing halal and not opposing shechita, that is all. How is that antisemitic? I also recognised that the Tories see this too and banning one would mean banning the other so in this respect it is shechita that protects halal as "letterbox" Boris would have no problem banning halal if the practice were unique to Islam.

You appear to make a lot of sweeping statements and assumptions. If you can link me to actual government policy, plans or action (not conspiracy theory) that 1) shows the government are specifically going to ban Halal (still a legal practice in this country) and 2) they are not doing so because they are in cahoots with a Zionist government and would find themselves in the position of applying the same standards to shechita, it would give your statements more credence.

You seem to want your cake and eat it. In one breath you are saying the Tories are Islamaphobic yet they haven't actually made Halal illegal, whilst simultaneously posseting without any evidence (to date) the only reason they haven't is because they are in conspiracy with a Zionist government. Talk about trying to cover all bases to fit an agenda, because at the moment that is how it appears to me.

If you have evidence to persuade me I am wrong, I invite you to link me to it.

Surely you can see how your views could be construed as possibly antisemitic when you make unevidenced statements about the Israeli government whilst also denying acts of racism perpetrated by the Labour Party against individual Jewish people who are nothing to do with the Israeli government you are opposed to?

Vegetable alternatives to leather (look up muskin and cork leather) are being very rapidly developed as yes, I am vegan so I do not wear leather. And a heartfelt thanks for your stance on lamb btw. You are already decreasing demand there.

Thank goodness we left the EU where the barbaric practice of foie gras has not been outlawed.

I take it you approve of Tory politician George Eustice stance on wanting to also ban the importation of such goods from EU countries -

Foie gras imports may be banned after Brexit, UK minister suggests - BBC News

Last edited:
You appear to make a lot of sweeping statements and assumptions. If you can link me to actual government policy, plans or action (not conspiracy theory) that 1) shows the government are specifically going to ban Halal (still a legal practice in this country) and 2) they are not doing so because they are in cahoots with a Zionist government and would find themselves in the position of applying the same standards to shechita, it would give your statements more credence.

You seem to want your cake and eat it. In one breath you are saying the Tories are Islamaphobic yet they haven't actually made Halal illegal, whilst simultaneously posseting without any evidence (to date) the only reason they haven't is because they are in conspiracy with a Zionist government. Talk about trying to cover all bases to fit an agenda, because at the moment that is how it appears to me.

If you have evidence to persuade me I am wrong, I invite you to link me to it.

Surely you can see how your views could be construed as possibly antisemitic when you make unevidenced statements about the Israeli government whilst also denying acts of racism perpetrated by the Labour Party against individual Jewish people who are nothing to do with the Israeli government you are opposed to?
I have at no point said they are in a conspiracy. They are your words only. I have said that they will not ban shechita because Israel is an ally. I will evidence this by their total lack of criticism of Israel's totally inhumane treatment of Palestinians. I have also given the Tories credit in recognising that halal and shechita are so similar that they cannot do one without the other. Banning halal would be very popular with a core of their supporters so there is certainly not that stopping them.

At no point have I said there is no antisemitism in the Labour Party. I have said there is less than alleged and less than there is in the Torily Party, but when you buy into the any criticism of Israel is antisemitic, you can see why this a drum that is being beaten.

Fair play, I couldn’t do it myself.

Interested to know, what about medicines? Do you abstain from taking them? This isn’t a critic or a point score by any means and you don’t have to answer.. but i personally feel more guilty about having products tested on animals than I would about eating the meat from an animal.

I have at no point said they are in a conspiracy. They are your words only. I have said that they will not ban shechita because Israel is an ally. I will evidence this by their total lack of criticism of Israel's totally inhumane treatment of Palestinians. I have also given the Tories credit in recognising that halal and shechita are so similar that they cannot do one without the other. Banning halal would be very popular with a core of their supporters so there is certainly not that stopping them.

At no point have I said there is no antisemitism in the Labour Party. I have said there is less than alleged and less than there is in the Torily Party, but when you buy into the any criticism of Israel is antisemitic, you can see why this a drum that is being beaten.

Well let's be candid, you still haven't actually shown me any evidence whatsoever. And what you are saying is that because the Tories haven't criticised Israeli treatment of Palestinians, that is somehow then linked to not banning shechita in this country?

I could just as easily say (without evidence) that the Tories are not banning Halal or Shechita because they are respectful of different religious cultures. That would simply be an opinion.

If I said without evidence that Labour wanted to ban Shecita, but wouldn't do so because they would have to simultaneously ban Halal and upset their Moslem voter base, I reckon you could reasonably question whether my views were an Islamaphobic conspiracy theory.

Sorry impede, you're not convincing me and it sounds very much like the conspiracy theory I allude to.

Where have I said that that buying into any criticism of Israel is antisemitic? I haven't actually discussed my nuanced views on the difficulties of protecting the security of a legitimate Jewish state whilst also recognising the legitimate Palestinian concerns of how to resolve the issue of the disputed territories. I was wondering more along the lines of why somebody opposed to the Israeli government, smearing them with unevidenced conspiracy theories, was then vehemently trying to defend the anti semitism of the Labour party directed at individual Jewish people.

For the record, I can see both points of view; it's a complex issue and sadly without trust and compromise I can't see a peaceful outcome any time soon.

Last edited:
Well let's be candid, you still haven't actually shown me any evidence whatsoever. And what you are saying is that because the Tories haven't criticised Israeli treatment of Palestinians, that is somehow then linked to not banning shechita in this country?

I could just as easily say (without evidence) that the Tories are not banning Halal or Shechita because they are respectful of different religious cultures. That would simply be an opinion.

If I said without evidence that Labour wanted to ban Shecita, but wouldn't do so because they would have to simultaneously ban Halal and upset their Moslem voter base, I reckon you could reasonably question whether my views were an Islamaphobic conspiracy theory.

Sorry impede, you're not convincing me and it sounds very much like the conspiracy theory I allude to.

Where have I said that that buying into any criticism of Israel is antisemitic? I haven't actually discussed my nuanced views on the difficulties of protecting the security of a legitimate Jewish state whilst also recognising the legitimate Palestinian concerns of how to resolve the issue of the disputed territories. I was wondering more along the lines of why somebody opposed to the Israeli government, smearing them with unevidenced conspiracy theories, was then vehemently trying to defend the anti semitism of the Labour party directed at individual Jewish people.

For the record, I can see both points of view; it's a complex issue and sadly without trust and compromise I can't see a peaceful outcome any time soon.
I am just ignoring this now. You are refusing to listen to me and simultaneously inferring things I have not said and do not mean so I am walking away.