Eastleigh | Vital Football

Eastleigh

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Wont be pushovers though not at their best at the moment. They beat us twice last season. I expect they will defend and try to hit us on the break. I guess it is a matter of whether or not we can break them down. I think it will be 1-1.

Hmmm, they haven't won or scored in their last four.

They have conceded seven in those games and the bookies have them at 13/5 for the win and 5/2 to draw everything points to a home win.

However this is pools and we do tend to get a bit complacent against sides in this position so you're probably nearer the mark than I as I think we'll do them 2-0.
:red:

My prediction was correct though it gives me no pleasure. A pattern seems to be emerging this season. Away from home we do well because the opposition try to attack us but at home when the opposition come to the Vic for a point, we just dont have the guile to break teams down and when we do sneak ahead we just cant capitalise by adding the extra goal. Only once this season have we scored twice without reply and that was Maidenhead who eventually made it 2-1. Conclusion: unless there is a tactical tweak/change of attitude at home I think we will struggle to make the play offs. I would love to hear what other posters think.

Will we ever be comfortable when teams who aspire to be champions are winning by at least two or three clear goals and we are drawing against teams like Eastleigh?

Surely we have to be putting these teams to bed if we want to progress?

Wrexham won 4-1, Orient won 3-1, Harrogate won 2-0 away from home...? We drew 1-1 at home with a side who had 1 point from the last 4 games (12pts) Aspiring champions? I don’t think so.

We lose an attacking midfielder to injury and we replace him with a freezing cold defender? The way forward? Maybe not.
We were 1-0 up ffs lets take control of a game once in a while. Take the initiative and not defend but attack and win the game.

We need to raise our aspirations surely? We could have easily thrown it all away and lost today simply because we went one nil up, decided to defend and hand the initiative to the opposition, let’s be Wrexham or Orient or Harrogate. We can change it , we have the personnel, it’s up to the manager.

:red:

Spot on Billy. Thing is everyone at the club seems happy to take 1 goal wins and accept draws. Would be nice if Bates expressed frustration about lack of goals scored and tried to do something about it in other words dont be content with mediocrity but strive for the top.

Think you have got to be sensible about expectations, looking at where Pools were at the end of last season and we now have a new management setup, a new team and new tactics, I believe we are doing well.
There is still a long way to go this season and I'm sure there will yet be plenty of twists and turns along the way, and not only for Pools!