Eastleigh | Vital Football

Eastleigh

Old Poolie

Vital Squad Member
A must win game?
For me another home loss would signify that Pools are in the relegation battle, and the "bounce" from the managerial change has disapated without any real long term impact.
I anticipate a disappointing goalless draw.

Players wise, Critchlow Noble has gone back to his parent club (no loss), Anderson has returned from his loan (can do a defensive job at left back), Hamilton's loan has been extended (why? He isn't a starter and anyhow we haven't a centre forward to get on the end of crosses!)

Perhaps, Raj will let Challinor spend some of the "windfall" monies from the FA Cup run to bolster the squad, but please no loans to just be "bench warmers".

A good result, though (due to the wind) the last ten minutes were fraught!
Eastleigh came for a point and played the whole of the first half with 10 men behind the ball. Pools did create some good openings, but either a poor final pass or a lack of desire to get in on goal meant they weren't converted.
Second half was much the same until Pools scored, Eastleigh then started to use the wind to good effect. Even then, apart from their goal, they created little.
Not sure about the referee, to me he was inconsistent and was easily conned by Eastleigh, but I think we should expect these performances by the officials in this league!
If we had a forward, like John Stead, the game would have been settled by halftime.

Worryingly, Pools lost both Raynes and Kerr to injury during the course of the game. Toure is suspended for the next two games and we have no forwards other than Kabamba.
The next two games, at Dover and Yeovil, will be difficult enough, but we are starting to run out of options both in attack and defence?