Early signs | Vital Football

Early signs

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
I acknowledge it is early doors in the season but Pools start is decent especially considering the loss of Oates and Armstrong. Barrow was a disappointment but none of the four FL league teams we have played thus far have made us look out of place. I guess we need to have a few away games to get a more balanced view of how this season will pan out but as I say, the very early signs are positive.

Early signs are promising indeed, but there's a long way to go!

I feel that we'll have a better understanding of how Pools will fare after the first 10 matches have been played.

I remember the standard of the football last time we were in League 2, which was so dire we stopped going to matches. Comparing that with the much better standard of the teams in our league last season, I'm optimistic. Also, although there was a bit of trepidation after we lost key players this summer, the 'new' first team sheet looks pretty impressive.

Yep, I think there is not really much of a gap in standards between the better NL teams and the majority in FL league 2. Slightly unsure about our new first team with both strikers being loan players who will be returning to their parent clubs long before the season ends. Hopefully a solution to this will emerge.