Early odds for the tinpot league 16/17 | Vital Football

Early odds for the tinpot league 16/17

trisimp

Vital Squad Member
Imps 14/1???

Think Lincoln and York are a bit short

https://mobile.betway.com/en/sports/?btag4=50370&btag=2c168156-b050-4029-8627-088c40c465ad#page=3

I have no idea how they can begin to assess this until each club has completed its squad-building. A good number of clubs have still to make their first signing (Braintree, Bromley, Chester, Lincoln, Macclesfield, NFU, Torquay, Woking) and numerous others have only signed one so far.

If Lincoln are 14/1, that has to be worth a shot. And Wrexham at 10/1? They have lost 19 players and signed 7 - how can any odds be calculated for them at all at this point?

Coral have Lincoln City at 20/1 but it's early days yet. I'd hope someone will have longer than that but it could be some time before all firms have their odds out.

I always take a punt on Lincoln. 20/1 looks good to me. One day it will come off, like it did for those Leicester fans.

Scotimp - 2/6/2016 04:17

I have no idea how they can begin to assess this until each club has completed its squad-building.

...but in the Matt Rhead thread you have already put Tranmere in as early favourites. The bookies will have far more detailed information to hand than we have.

Despite Leicester's triumph last season they are not usually far off the mark.

Yes, I said Tranmere would be the team to beat; in this thread I am referring to the calculation of odds for each team, not the same thing.

Scotimp - 3/6/2016 09:39

Yes, I said Tranmere would be the team to beat; in this thread I am referring to the calculation of odds for each team, not the same thing.

If I wanted to be pedantic I'd point out that you actually said: "They look the clear favourites already." which is remarkably closely allied to bookmakers calculating odds.

Still, I'm sure we've got better things to do than get bogged down in semantics

:cheers:

Newporter - 2/6/2016 14:31

I always take a punt on Lincoln. 20/1 looks good to me. One day it will come off, like it did for those Leicester fans.
Let's hope it's within 20 years of your first flutter!

BetVictor, who in the past have been the leader in ante-post football odds, have us at only 12/1. They've obviously kept up to date with comings and goings. I've got a feeling 20/1 is going to be hard to beat this side of kickoff.