Early Days | Vital Football

Early Days

I always say it is never early days.
From the first game, it is always a worry when the target is
survival. Unlike when promotion is the aim and a team can go on a winning run to go up the table as every game is winnable, our survival
is based on winning a few games to reach say 38 points.
Very close to a third of the season has passed by and we have 7 points.
Sheffield have 16 points with today's trip to spuds as a game in hand.
Due to this terrible start we need 31 points from 26 games and probably 8 to 9 wins.
Bearing in mind that we are terrible at the moment and everything needs sorting out, something major needs to happen and that appears unlikely so you will have to call me Corporal Jones.

Well , it is no longer ‘early days ‘ . We are now a third of the way through the season , and unless things change quickly then we are on course for about 21 points , bottom place and certain relegation

Well , it is no longer ‘early days ‘ . We are now a third of the way through the season , and unless things change quickly then we are on course for about 21 points , bottom place and certain relegation

What do you expect with Delia & MWJ.......we have been here before.

Oh to still have Madison.

Leicester take arsenal apart. Arsenal look vulnerable until along come Norwich I bet

The good news is we are still in touch and also have 2 centre backs coming back. Hopefully that can help or even give us the ability to change shape a little.

The good news is we are still in touch and also have 2 centre backs coming back. Hopefully that can help or even give us the ability to change shape a little.

Get Ahmadou into his defensive midfield role and sign another physically strong DM who can pass a bit, in the January 2020 window

Just watching other clubs they just don’t give as much space and time away. We need to tighten up. Maybe drop the number 10 position and have 3 in midfield Amadou - Trybull - McLean for the moment until we can get another holding midfielder (shame Thompson not around).

2/3 of season left...so no panic just yet from me, I am however absolutely disappointed thus far, and everything crossed for a revival.