DW Stadium | Page 3 | Vital Football

DW Stadium

Blackburn was surrounded by terrace houses and they bought them and expanded. The DW is a great stadium and dont forget it is 21 years old. All things do age and when we went to old trafford for the youth cup must say under the stands/toilets etc where pretty shabby and not what expected. Murals and seat covers are great look what Bournemouth have done on stand ends. The stadium seems to be overlooked for major events like rugby/international youth football/ladies internationals/non league finals which is suprising given uk location,road networks/rail links,car park space,stadium facilitys inside,athletics track next door for warm ups etc. Seems a shame and an extra line of income surely during stadium down time.Guess some one must not like us

Not sure the stadium is being overlooked Pie Eyed, it is more likely there are few spare slots available as we ground share. The Chinese owners had plans to use the stadium for concerts etc, but found it difficult to find a spare space in the calendar.
There is also the issue of damage to the pitch to consider, we have only just got it sorted out and to expose it to crowds for concerts could damage it again.

Still doesn't feel like home ...give me a redeveloped Springy any day of the week. That ship has sailed though so we move on.
I know what you mean, i'm nearly 70, my heart is still at 'Springy',
but time moves on.

It's up to the younger generation's to make the DW Stadium,
their own 'Springy', as oldies like myself 'ride off into the sunset'

This sounds like a John Wayne film.