Dux, Warby and Stephenson and the future | Vital Football

Dux, Warby and Stephenson and the future

cropped

Vital Squad Member
So... now we know. Au revoir to Warburton, Duxbury and Stephenson.

No surprise Warby going. Too good for National League level and he deserves his change. All the best.
---

No surprise to me that Dux went. Again, a stand out full back. Think he had a chance at L2 level but to move to Fylde is a bit of a downer. OK, more money. Probably a lot more money and he may end up in L2 with Fylde (or poached by a league club next season). To see him in oppo colours at EP though is not welcome. I for one would give him a good reception. He is a young lad, he has to think of his career and to be honest with County's full time, not full time, hybrid full time/ part time prevarication, it makes me think, sadly, he has taken the best path for him. So no 'snake' placards, no booing and no nastiness.

(I am aware County have said he did not turn up for his contract extension signing...again a young lad... give him some leeway and I HOPE he has since contacted Jim Gannon / The club to explain/apologise.

We move on.
---

Stephenson going is not so clear-cut in my mind. At times he looked like our most devastating forward. At other times he looked ineffective. So did Nyal Bell as well. Maybe this is down to the gaffer making a judgement call and Jim Gannon gets more right than wrong IMO.

Just the one niggle with this. It is reported the club did not contact Stephenson and he thought he was going to pick this up when he returned from holiday. If so I hope this is just a cock-up in communication from the club and again, an apology would be expected in that case.

We are a part-time club in many respects after all :(
---
So (nicked from Yellow board) the squad signed up I think looks like this;

Sam Minihan
Dan Cowan
Ash Palmer
Paul Turnbull
Jordan Keane
Nyal Bell
Ben Hinchliffe
Ian Ormson
Sam Walker
Elliot Osborne
Connor Dimaio
Jake Kirby
Adam Thomas
Frank Mulhern

And expected to break through

FestusArthur ( a powerhouse of a player)
Downing ( my knowledge falters here... anyone know owt?)
Czubik (rated by many)

Compared to many recent seasons that is a very solid group of players. Who comes in to supplement is the big question.

Surely a goal scorer? (Gilchrist who made a cameo a[[earance at the end of the season?).
Surely a left-back?

Overall I do not think we will struggle and I would expect and be happy with a top 10 finish before pushing on the season after.

Too ambitious of me?

Cropped.

(want to offer your thoughts... please register and if you have any problems just mail stockport@vitalfootball.co.uk)

Latest County News