Dutch FA cancel the season | Page 4 | Vital Football

Dutch FA cancel the season

Seems to me, that English Football is missing the best opportunity it possibly will ever have of protecting the whole of it's pyramid system, not an easy fix granted, but one, that in current circumstances, should be able to address the huge anomalies that exist.
To try and redress the enormous financial imbalance that exists as you go down the Leagues, should surely be its aim. It is vaguely understandable that Premier League Teams who have access to unprecedented sums of money, seek to protect themselves, but that some of those riches do not help the rest is, in my humble opinion, grossly unfair to English Football as a whole.
Do those same Premier League Clubs give a jot about the potential disappearance of a good number of some of those further down the pyramid ? Doesn't look like it to me and that is the real Question.............Or at least it should be.

Doesn’t bear thinking about what our situation would be if we were still stuck in the pub league
it wasn’t that long ago,although it’s like a distant memory after the euphoria of the last few seasons

The problem with the PL is that it isn't the pinnacle of English football. Thats the Champions League. No PL team is going to give up anything when the riches of the CL are potentially there in front of them. Its a fabulous business opportunity, just as we think it is for our club, should we qualify.

Am I the only one who didn’t realise yesterday would have been the last day of the season ?
football really has taken a back seat in this household,nobody who knows me would have predicted that

It would have been today. Massive party after a cruising 2-0 win (Fleck, Billy) at Southampton, and then Peroni's all round at BDTBL as we qualify for the CL by a point.

The problem with the PL is that it isn't the pinnacle of English football. Thats the Champions League. No PL team is going to give up anything when the riches of the CL are potentially there in front of them. Its a fabulous business opportunity, just as we think it is for our club, should we qualify.

Some teams would consider the CL to be more prestigious, but it doesn't get you more money than you can get from the PL. The maximum prize money for winning the CL is less than half of what the winner of the PL will get. It's less than three-quarters of what the team who finishes bottom of the PL will get!

It’s everything else the cl brings tho sponsorship would probably double players would be falling over themselves to sign for us it’s all on another level
not gonna happen tho is it the clique need to keep it amongst themselves it’s not good to let outsiders in

Seems to me, that English Football is missing the best opportunity it possibly will ever have of protecting the whole of it's pyramid system, not an easy fix granted, but one, that in current circumstances, should be able to address the huge anomalies that exist.
To try and redress the enormous financial imbalance that exists as you go down the Leagues, should surely be its aim. It is vaguely understandable that Premier League Teams who have access to unprecedented sums of money, seek to protect themselves, but that some of those riches do not help the rest is, in my humble opinion, grossly unfair to English Football as a whole.
Do those same Premier League Clubs give a jot about the potential disappearance of a good number of some of those further down the pyramid ? Doesn't look like it to me and that is the real Question.............Or at least it should be.
It's turned full circle when the man who fought for parachute payments for relegated PL clubs, Rick Parry, when C.Execof the PL, now, as C.Exec of the EFL wants them scrapped.

Simon Jordan, ex Palace owner , talks some sense on this. He was on TalkSport and had done some quite complex sums ( the detail of which I cannot recall accurately) and, PL clubs,by foregoing a relatively small part of their PL reward,could fund the EFL to maintain the league pyramid comfortably on an ongoing basis.

The real question is do they care?

Parachute payments were meant to be a temporary solution to a larger issue. They were supposed to be replaced by mandated relegation clauses in every player's contract, but pretty much nothing has been done to try and implement that. Instead, the league just keeps increasing the amounts, and the length of time, that are paid, while the receiving clubs just use the money to fund more and more lavish transfers, rather than to supplement their wage bill until they can restructure correctly. At the very least they should rename them to what they really are: failure payments.

The real question is do they care?

I think this is less and less true as foreign owners come in. Bury, in the shadow of the massive clubs of Manchester needed a week or two of a first teamers salary to get out of hock, but who are Bury to international businessmen from another culture.

I think this is less and less true as foreign owners come in. Bury, in the shadow of the massive clubs of Manchester needed a week or two of a first teamers salary to get out of hock, but who are Bury to international businessmen from another culture.

Which should Beg the question, are they fit and proper persons to be in English Football in the first place, it seems likely it will be those types that ruin, beyond repair, OUR League system ?

Which should Beg the question, are they fit and proper persons to be in English Football in the first place, it seems likely it will be those types that ruin, beyond repair, OUR League system ?
I don't think 'fit and proper' has the same definition with any football body as it does with the rest of the world RAB

THE PL TEST
  1. New owners must meet the Premier League board and provide evidence of sources and sufficiency of funding in place to complete the investment.
  2. They must provide a 12-month business plan that shows all liabilities can be met – and all show detailed information on the financial structure of any proposed investment.
  3. Any new owner must go through the Owners’ and Directors Test – which they will fail if they have certain criminal convictions or professional disqualifications. This applies to every new director added to the board.
  4. There are a slew of ongoing rules to be followed – including having to confirm to the Premier League every three months that they are up to date with employment tax payments.

Seems to me that anyone who can CREATE a decent business plan ( or copy and paste one from the internet) is in. Obviously the members of the board examining the individuals and their credentials need to be up to the job.............and evidence would suggest that's where they fall down.