Dubravka Done | Vital Football

Dubravka Done

Looking through the news, it seems that Rafa has been the focal piont for the announcement of the deal. That perspective might change as I se more articles.

If the first impression does turn out to be right, perhaps this is a sign that Ashley is serious about supporting the manager, who after all, knows infinitely more about football than anyone else in the club.

If Ashley has finally realised that ceding control to someone who is much better equipped for the job, he will make much more money out of it and we can be relatively happy.

Tubby opens his purse strings,5 million just about covers his burger bill.
Dig deep,the whole of Tyneside is waiting for around 100 million before anyone gives him any credence.

I’ll be happy as long as it comes out of last season’s transfer budget.

While I’m on, let’s hope last season’s transfer budget which was unspent is added to this one too... I’ll not hold my breath though for fear of turning blue.

That gets me thinking, OM. The accounts run over a different period to the transfer window this year. Any purchases before end of June reduce profit, thus the tax bill, any sales before increase the profit and tax bill. The only problem is timing of cash in and out but if Ashley was prepared to put a little bit more in for a short period, then the budget could be huge.

The other thing is after last year's accounts. Staveley's offer turns out to have been very generous at the time, even though the club is worth more now. If Ashley wants £400m, he has to loosen the purse strings to get the assets on the field.

I’ll be happy as long as it comes out of last season’s transfer budget.

While I’m on, let’s hope last season’s transfer budget which was unspent is added to this one too... I’ll not hold my breath though for fear of turning blue.

You've hit the nail on the head IMO om.

People are looking to judge Ashley on what funds he spends this year whilst ignoring the massive amounts of evidence which points to him only being interested in making money.

We will learn nothing from what he does this year and everything from his actions in the the next three which essentially plays into his hands.

Anyone remotely willing to believe there is the smallest chance he might change enables him to get away even more easily with the shit he puts us through.

Even just on footballing terms , the signing of Dubravka (who I like as a player) is just one out (Sels) and one in . The squad is in dire need of strengthening and this summer you have the 2 weeks before the World Cup and about 3 and a bit weeks before the window closes, as players don't tend to move during the tournament whether an international or not.

Any player we may have been interested in will be priced out of our valuation should they be involved in the World Cup. Penfold is the ideal foil for Ashley with his delaying tactics. If Rafa has his targets we should be in talks with these players now. Is it the wages to pay in June and July that Ashley is loath to pay? The opportunity to kick on, I'm afraid, will be lost yet again.

For once, Ashley surely has to realise that if he gives responsibility to one of the most successful managers in world club football, his asset will grow several fold.

Ashley realised by employing a manager with much better credentials than our impoverished fans were used to his asset would continue to grow with even less pressure (if that is possible) than previous campaigns.

In fact I would wager he is tickled pink when he sees the love our support has for what is proving to be his his best ally since he famously parked that tank.

Despite his continuous manipulation of the accounts we all know he is making a mint from our club,why would he need to fund a manager who has been dumped by his last four clubs to the tune of millions,when he can simply pay said manager six-seven million to keep us in the premiership and have his enemies,our support,claim another successful season ?

Unbelievable that this parasite continues to dictate the future of our club,whether you go or not,we should be chasing the fucker out of town.Apathy is not an excuse.11 years & counting..

Benitez praising Charnley for the Dubravka signing is a joke. All Charnley ever does in transfers negotiations is dither or operate at a snails pace.
Cannot see this club achieving anything until Ashley and Charnley are history and that does not look like happening soon. Both are dinosaurs in the football world but good at hoarding the money.

Benitez insisted he wanted transfers done quickly. There is as usual little chance of that while Charnley is negotiating. He is as culpable as Pardew and Carver were in the demise of this club and yet generally gets away with it by fading into the background.
Ashley of course is the main culprit and little chance of that changing.
We need to be taken over which is not on the cards with the fat controller milkin it for all its worth. A one man board and a shambles.