DS OUT | Page 2 | Vital Football

DS OUT

Do you want a new coaching set up in place before next season.

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
Like someone said on the phone in ‘ what is the one common denominator in all these relegations …. It’s the Smiffs. ‘ We can argue all we like about the good points and the bad points of both Farke and Smudge , but until the Smiffs stop being selfish and piss off out of our club , then no manager will keep us in the PL as Smiff has not got the money to buy the players we need . It’s a nice easy shot to blame employees of the club but many many fans won’t blame the Smiffs . A lack of finance , a lack of hunger , a lack of passion and a lack burning passion to succeed is what the Smiffs have , and it is constantly dragging us down . The buck stops with them

Im not saying DS is right man but DF was useless, first win came after 11 attempts and he only won 2 matches before he got the boot, plus his over prem record was beyond embarrassing, he did have to go.

The record is still beyond embarrassing and with worse football. DS subs are also truly awful and he lacks a plan A let alone B. Something probably had to change but I would still have taken DF over someone who had to spend a net £200 million and have someone forget to turn hawkeye on to keep Villa up.

Like someone said on the phone in ‘ what is the one common denominator in all these relegations …. It’s the Smiffs. ‘ We can argue all we like about the good points and the bad points of both Farke and Smudge , but until the Smiffs stop being selfish and piss off out of our club , then no manager will keep us in the PL as Smiff has not got the money to buy the players we need . It’s a nice easy shot to blame employees of the club but many many fans won’t blame the Smiffs . A lack of finance , a lack of hunger , a lack of passion and a lack burning passion to succeed is what the Smiffs have , and it is constantly dragging us down . The buck stops with them
Also, callers have said and Butler, Lappin and Rivers have all confirmed that Delia put nothing into the club and hasn't for years. So our owner doesn't add any financial support at all.....crazy.

The record is still beyond embarrassing and with worse football. DS subs are also truly awful and he lacks a plan A let alone B. Something probably had to change but I would still have taken DF over someone who had to spend a net £200 million and have someone forget to turn hawkeye on to keep Villa up.
I agree its still bad, but your all forgetting he has inherited a DF team so i wont be judging him until 10 games into new season.
what i dont like is that he a ‘yes’ man which isnt what we need

Also, callers have said and Butler, Lappin and Rivers have all confirmed that Delia put nothing into the club and hasn't for years. So our owner doesn't add any financial support at all.....crazy.
She loves collecting all the parachute money when we go down

You cant really judge a manager when he has not brought in a single player of his, you can only judge his subs/tactics with those players he’s inherited, but even then its hard to judge as i would imagine a fair of these players he doesnt rate secretly

Very true 76. When a new manager takes over, initial results are mostly the previous manager's legacy. Occasionally, an exceptionally charismatic person motivates the players to perform better than they ever were thought to be capable but those people are rare and generally already running the top teams.

DS is most certainly not in that category and has given no indication that he is a tactical genius. He has always depended on the players to produce the results so he could take the credit. Our players desperately need guidance and motivation to achieve the potential the team would have with every member performing at their very best. I cannot see anyone available, and affordable who could do that.

Very true 76. When a new manager takes over, initial results are mostly the previous manager's legacy. Occasionally, an exceptionally charismatic person motivates the players to perform better than they ever were thought to be capable but those people are rare and generally already running the top teams.

DS is most certainly not in that category and has given no indication that he is a tactical genius. He has always depended on the players to produce the results so he could take the credit. Our players desperately need guidance and motivation to achieve the potential the team would have with every member performing at their very best. I cannot see anyone available, and affordable who could do that.
Well said

I agree its still bad, but your all forgetting he has inherited a DF team so i wont be judging him until 10 games into new season.
what i dont like is that he a ‘yes’ man which isnt what we need

I haven't forgotten that at all. His job was to come in and get a squad that was deemed good enough to stay up playing better and to be better motivated. We haven't looked more solid, we haven't looked more threatening and we haven't looked more motivated.

As for the squad situation we have hired a manager with a totally different style of play, the squad wasn't magically going to change and we weren't going to make a complete overhaul in January so it's not like it was unknown this was going to be the squad he was going to work with.

If we are so totally willing to write it off as not being his fault due to the squad not being good enough then why didn't we wait to hire him until the summer let Farke take us down? This way we could keep the replacement fresh for the summer instead of dirtying him with relegation and had a proper window to get his players in.

I haven't forgotten that at all. His job was to come in and get a squad that was deemed good enough to stay up playing better and to be better motivated. We haven't looked more solid, we haven't looked more threatening and we haven't looked more motivated.

As for the squad situation we have hired a manager with a totally different style of play, the squad wasn't magically going to change and we weren't going to make a complete overhaul in January so it's not like it was unknown this was going to be the squad he was going to work with.

If we are so totally willing to write it off as not being his fault due to the squad not being good enough then why didn't we wait to hire him until the summer let Farke take us down? This way we could keep the replacement fresh for the summer instead of dirtying him with relegation and had a proper window to get his players in.
Sticking with DF the way it was would of been a joke, 2 wins coupled with his paltry 24pt haul last time, surely you remember that, his prem stats are truly horrific. You have to give yourself a chance to stay up by trying a new manager and there was no one really out there with any prem experience was there!
to blame DS is unfair imo. I gets its dire now but the players assembled simply arent good enough, you wouldnt drill a hole with a blunt bit but we seem to trying to do just that every time we go up

Has it been any better under Smith? You can easily blame him as he has been terrible, his tactics are no existent, subs random and late and we are further from safety after he has come in than when he joined. Two times our squad objectively hasn't been good enough yet for one manager that gives him pass for the other it was it's his fault for not making them good enough? Certain players have gotten worse since he has come in such as Normann and I can't think of any who have improved.

I am not saying that Farke was going to save or should have stayed after the summer what I am saying is if this team is truly that lacking in quality then why tie the milestone around someone elses neck? Let Farke go in the summer and actual have a proper thought out replacement lined up instead of sacking him then starting the search.

It isn't DS side but he has said there won't be wholesale changes. So he will have this side and so far he has got nothing out of them.

I'm hoping he has been saying that to not hit motivation and commitment (If there was any). I hope he'll shift out players and get more in.

The fact springett came on says alot to me. Tzolis nope, even Placheta came on after the youngster (didn't he).

It will be interesting to see who comes in. I hope Smith get a a big say. And who leaves.

Has it been any better under Smith? You can easily blame him as he has been terrible, his tactics are no existent, subs random and late and we are further from safety after he has come in than when he joined. Two times our squad objectively hasn't been good enough yet for one manager that gives him pass for the other it was it's his fault for not making them good enough? Certain players have gotten worse since he has come in such as Normann and I can't think of any who have improved.

I am not saying that Farke was going to save or should have stayed after the summer what I am saying is if this team is truly that lacking in quality then why tie the milestone around someone elses neck? Let Farke go in the summer and actual have a proper thought out replacement lined up instead of sacking him then starting the search.
You could never let DF stay in charge the way it was and after his previous balls up of a season, he simply had to go no question. Im not saying DS is the answer, I didnt really want him, but a change had to be made, you cant let someone had near on 80 games and have the pathetic win rate that he did. This squad is DF’s and clearly DS cant get a tune out of them either so he’s not to blame but only webber & DF are, but sacking DF was an absolute must, everyone was crying out for him to go at the time, now its still bad and were in the champ again and people are saying he should of stayed, hindsight is a wonderful thing they say!

I think the thing with Farke is that we remember him for the fantastic 2018/19 season and of course we’d all love that season back , but it doesn’t happen second time round

Something else that I don't like in Smith is he isn't passionate or if he is doesn't show it at all. He is a statue on the side.

Watching Gerrard, klopp tonight and lampard, Franke, Ralf (Southampton manager) they all have passion and seeing that does make you warm to a manager. DF had it more in championship. Hughton, grant, Smith, didn't have it but lampard and AN did and it was good to see.

Smith standing with his hot chocolate after HT reminds me or a comedy character.

You could never let DF stay in charge the way it was and after his previous balls up of a season, he simply had to go no question. Im not saying DS is the answer, I didnt really want him, but a change had to be made, you cant let someone had near on 80 games and have the pathetic win rate that he did. This squad is DF’s and clearly DS cant get a tune out of them either so he’s not to blame but only webber & DF are, but sacking DF was an absolute must, everyone was crying out for him to go at the time, now its still bad and were in the champ again and people are saying he should of stayed, hindsight is a wonderful thing they say!

There were some of us who said it was a massive mistake to sack Farke. He was applying the board’s strategy (as I understand it) perfectly; accumulating pl funding to eventually being in a position to spend more realistically.

I realise that success would be too slowly achieved in comparison to the ones taken over by billionaires but in the absence of any move towards a takeover, there was a possibility of the strategy working.

Farke transformed an ordinary Championship team into title winners. I very much doubt that anybody would have been able to keep the current squad in the Premier League but at least under Farke we stood a fighting chance of bouncing back up.

I cannot believe DS will be capable of doing that; I hope I’m wrong.