Drunk, Stoned - neither, thanks very much! | Vital Football

Drunk, Stoned - neither, thanks very much!

Il go with drunk seeing as its the only one I do regularly funny you should post this just watched that Americas Stoned Kids and it was pathetic programming...

I put being drunk im not hardly ever drunk more like have a few lol but in the right place and time i enjoy a newcastle brown ale or two indeed, getting stoned is for college and uni lads lol i remember in my younger days turning up to college after dinnertime having to work lathes and millers whilst having a can of tennants supa and the lot of us stoned by god when i look back no wonder one lad Virgil the virgin we called him had all his fingers chopped off by a chuck key he keft in the lath whilst turning it on ouch still remember the squeeling and blood but we was all too wrecked to do much apart from some lads say ''no way man thats bad'' poor kid crazy things when we do when we are younger well i did anyway hehe

Am i reading this right ?
Green Tea is the author of this thread ?
Well,stone me,I must be pissed ! (Get it )

Now i`ve got over that bit ....Drunk....do it all the time.
Stoned....haven`t done it for years.
There`s a time and a place for getting stoned i think,but you can get away with getting drunk any time ,any place(within reason) :17:

Most grown ups do neither, tvey enjoy a relaxing drink but the concept of getting drunk is usually for the younger folk. Not to say that they don't get a bit merry from time to time but very few non alcoholic adults drink with the intention of getting drunk.

That`s actually quite true for me VOTN.I don`t set out to get drunk,just to go out and have a few laughs,but by a certain age,you know your limits.I just tend to push them to their limits rather a lot at weekends because i can`t during the week.

Villan Of The North - 13/9/2013 05:53

Most grown ups do neither

In your experience, of what Country, what age range, what social group.......?

"Most grown ups" Just don't do it in public and make a scene, the only differences in my opinion, are cost, quality and location, "Most grown ups" can afford a better standard of "drug" and can use in the safety of their own home.

Many grown ups who would not class themselves as alcoholic, wobble off to bed drunk, from the safety of their living room and the judgemental gaze of others.

Binge drinking on the other hand, I would agree, is mainly the domain of the young.

I went with neither, I am a vegetarian. No I am not a vegetarian however I don't do the other 2 as you know, so that was my only option.

Oh and when I did, it was just drink. Never did the other stuff

I love my beer, but I respect it so never get to either options.

The best I can manage is a bit merry after a day in Sheffield.

Used to like some of this, some of that and a good portion of the other.

But I prefer the feeling after being in the gym.

The 'other' was never any good after my brain chop, cannabis helps some symptoms actually but always felt that was a social thing plus seen too many people die from cancer to want to smoke.

Drinking? A fair amount, like many, when young. Now can feel drunk just with brain aches so tend not to bother a good percentage of the time, never at home unless I have a red wine for the health benefits.

Night like Friday at vmf I had and enjoyed a pint of Guinness and a couple of very nice red wines. That did me fine.

I really don't drink to get drunk any more, don't think, apart from as a teen (not knowing limits or anything really :3:) that I ever did. Used to drink a lot but always held it well, can't understand why people don't learn their limits, where is the pleasure in puking or passing out? And I know for medical reasons how it feels to be legless, I don't need to drink for that.

Have the occasional away day blow out but it is rare these days, even rarer when training, not undoing all the good work!

We also had this thread re why you drink

http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=54230&start=35

Pride of Lions - 15/9/2013 19:51

I love my beer, but I respect it so never get to either options.

The best I can manage is a bit merry after a day in Sheffield.

Only a bit, after a day in Sheffield :10:

The Fear - 15/9/2013 19:57
Used to drink a lot but always held it well, can't understand why people don't learn their limits, where is the pleasure in puking or passing out?

From what I can see in Ireland my generation is the last of the heavy binge drinkers... Im 24 but I dont see many under 21s being as bad as we were and I dont see as many under age drinkers now...

In some ways I think its the recession that may have caused it things are so drastically different now... When I turned 17 I started drinking every weekend me and my mate would buy a crate of Miller and split it... I kid you not and this is no exaggeration we often had gatherings of well over 50 or 60 people and this was just people in my age group... All in a town of 10k... Then I got a job in Tesco and I was out twice a week and one bar in town had a reputation for being the 'young peoples place'... We had so much money that place made an absolute killing and it was all the same people who I use to go knacker drinking with...

Its not like that now that place has shut the kids nightclub is gone and where we went drinking for our Junior Cert (16) the kids now go to the cinema or have a meal with friends... Its crazy how quickly things have changed... College can still be bad but its not every night of the week like it use to be when I went...

People have less money and I think most have found they can have a good time without it...
The point of all that was I dont see many going around legless anymore... I suppose that doesnt mean many dont know their limit but the number is way down now from my experience...

CDX_EIRE - 16/9/2013 14:23

The Fear - 15/9/2013 19:57
Used to drink a lot but always held it well, can't understand why people don't learn their limits, where is the pleasure in puking or passing out?

From what I can see in Ireland my generation is the last of the heavy binge drinkers... Im 24 but I dont see many under 21s being as bad as we were and I dont see as many under age drinkers now...

In some ways I think its the recession that may have caused it things are so drastically different now... When I turned 17 I started drinking every weekend me and my mate would buy a crate of Miller and split it... I kid you not and this is no exaggeration we often had gatherings of well over 50 or 60 people and this was just people in my age group... All in a town of 10k... Then I got a job in Tesco and I was out twice a week and one bar in town had a reputation for being the 'young peoples place'... We had so much money that place made an absolute killing and it was all the same people who I use to go knacker drinking with...

Its not like that now that place has shut the kids nightclub is gone and where we went drinking for our Junior Cert (16) the kids now go to the cinema or have a meal with friends... Its crazy how quickly things have changed... College can still be bad but its not every night of the week like it use to be when I went...

People have less money and I think most have found they can have a good time without it...
The point of all that was I dont see many going around legless anymore... I suppose that doesnt mean many dont know their limit but the number is way down now from my experience...

Agree with that CDX. The pubs in the village I'm from are completely deserted these days. When I was growing up there was always a crowd in them.
Half the village appears to have emigrated(Oz, Canada, England) and those left are skint. The stereotypical Irish alco is a thing of the past.

NI Villan - 16/9/2013 19:23

Agree with that CDX. The pubs in the village I'm from are completely deserted these days. When I was growing up there was always a crowd in them.
Half the village appears to have emigrated(Oz, Canada, England) and those left are skint. The stereotypical Irish alco is a thing of the past.

Except for those living away and some of them are giving us a bad name...