Dropping Like Flies | Vital Football

Dropping Like Flies

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
good grief:

Researchers estimated that the heatwave has lead to 650 deaths in England between July 6 and 14 as the soaring temperatures show no sign of abating.

Ben Armstrong, professor in epidemiological statistics at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, said that the hot weather could have led to the premature deaths of between 540 and 760 people.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/07/18/heatwave-claims-hundreds-lives_n_3615883.html?ncid=webmail1

and sharks coming to the warm!

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/07/18/blue-shark-cornwall_n_3616065.html?ncid=webmail7

I dyed myself once. I think they call it spray tans these days. I just used creosote.

Good job you posted this Fear, hopefully the Vital old Folk will see it and take action by removing a pullover, having an extra cup of tea and checking the colour of their catherter bags for signs of dehydration.

it's no the fact that it is hot its the fact the nights are so oppressive, sleep depravation is doing for me!

merlin - 18/7/2013 17:00

it's no the fact that it is hot its the fact the nights are so oppressive, sleep depravation is doing for me!

It's having the opposite effect on me, I'm so drowsy when I go to bed I'm asleep the second my head hits the pillow.

I dye every 6 weeks-my hair. I am doing as little as I can get away with with the heat as it is. Heat in The U.K is different from abroad. Far more humid and heavy

James06 - 18/7/2013 16:52

Good job you posted this Fear, hopefully the Vital old Folk will see it and take action by removing a pullover, having an extra cup of tea and checking the colour of their catherter bags for signs of dehydration.

have you seen his fan club in redditch jim? :21:

im piss is looking more like lucazade now a days with this heat, have to keep myself watered with various cans from the fridge at night.

This morning, I nearly dropped like a fly. I felt very faint and went to the first aid area in the temple. My temperatures was raised and my blood pressure had plummeted to something like 75/45 - my problem is usually the other way round.
When the first-aiders got me stablilised (they laid me down on a bed and raised my feet) my blood pressure normalised but I then seemed to go into shock, shivering and shaking.
The paramedics then arrived and whisked me off to Chorley Hospital.
There, I had an ECG, chest x-ray, blood and urine tests. Thankfully, there was nothing too untoward. The conclusion was that I have a kidney infection and they've sorted me out with a course of anti-biotics.
It was all rather scary and I'm rather washed out this evening.

A post on my newsfeed tonight by a friend I thought might interest you on how to stay cool at night and have a comfortable night sleep.

Here you are. I am not so sure about some of them though:

http://www.wikihow.com/Sleep-Comfortably-on-a-Hot-Night

BBJ - 18/7/2013 22:02

This morning, I nearly dropped like a fly. I felt very faint and went to the first aid area in the temple. My temperatures was raised and my blood pressure had plummeted to something like 75/45 - my problem is usually the other way round.
When the first-aiders got me stablilised (they laid me down on a bed and raised my feet) my blood pressure normalised but I then seemed to go into shock, shivering and shaking.
The paramedics then arrived and whisked me off to Chorley Hospital.
There, I had an ECG, chest x-ray, blood and urine tests. Thankfully, there was nothing too untoward. The conclusion was that I have a kidney infection and they've sorted me out with a course of anti-biotics.
It was all rather scary and I'm rather washed out this evening.

glad they sorted you out bbj, and dare say it was quite scary. another tip is to put a pinch of salt in a pint of water as in this heat salt is taken away from the body in the form of sweat and puts extra pressure on the water works etc

I find it staggering that people can actually die from the heat in this day and age. It's hardly fecking Mozambique out there.

Drink water, cover up, stay in doors if you are elderly or ill. It's all pretty easy to do.

Natural selection if you ask me.

DeanoVilla - 19/7/2013 17:53

I find it staggering that people can actually die from the heat in this day and age. It's hardly fecking Mozambique out there.

Drink water, cover up, stay in doors if you are elderly or ill. It's all pretty easy to do.

Natural selection if you ask me.

That's a bit harsh on BBJ. He always seemed like a good guy to me.

Thanks for the good wishes, guys. I've just had a nice breakfast prepared by my (very much) better half and will take it nice and easy today.