Driving Fines Come Into Force | Vital Football

Driving Fines Come Into Force

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Back in June the Government announced it was to make it easier for police to penalise lane-hoggers and other anti-social motorists with the introduction of on-the-spot fines for careless driving.

Coming into force this Friday, the new fines will mean any driver caught doing a wide-range of careless actions will face a £100 fine and three penalty points on their licence.

http://cars.aol.co.uk/2013/08/13/new-careless-driving-fines-come-into-play-from-friday/?ncid=webmail2

I agree and disagree lane hoggers piss me right off but this covers a wealth of offences and whats the difference with this and hidden speed cameras

Endorsable (includes points) fixed penalty notices rising from £60 to £100 include:

Using a mobile phone while driving
Speeding
Motorway offences, eg reversing on the motorway and driving on the hard shoulder
Neglect of traffic directions, eg jumping a red light
Neglect of pedestrian rights, eg stopping on a controlled crossing
Load offences, eg causing danger of injury to the number of passengers
Motorcycle offences, eg carrying more than one passenger.

In situations where the owner of a vehicle fails to identify the driver when an offence was committed, the fine will rise from £120 to £200 and points will be imposed. Where someone is caught driving without insurance, they will be fined £300, and increase from the current level of £200.

Non endorseable (no points) fixed penalty notices rising from £60 to £100 include:

Failure to wear a seat belt
Using a vehicle without a test certificate.

Non-endorsable (no points) fixed penalty notices increasing from £30 to £50 include:

Neglect traffic regulations, eg as failing to give way
Negligent use of motor vehicle, eg not being in full control
Vehicle registration and excise licence offences, eg failing to display a tax disc
Motorway offences, eg stopping on the hard shoulder
Vehicle in defective condition, eg dirty and obstructed windows
Neglect of pedestrian rights, eg driving elsewhere than the road
Lighting offences, eg misuse of head lamps
Noise offences, eg sounding the horn at night
Carrying too much weight on board
Cycle and motorcycle, including cycling on the footpath and not wearing protective headgear.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2391203/Millions-motorists-face-fined-range-sweeping-new-police-powers-tackle-careless-drivers.html#ixzz2bx1YYh1o

shame there is no action on those who fail to indicate ....

Glad that they are targetting fatty fat fats (second up from the bottom!)

Failure to indicate... that would fit into neglect traffic regulations surely?

The Fear - 14/8/2013 14:50

would of thought so wouldnt you? when was the last time you heard of anyone being stopped for that?

just out of interest i tailed a cop van on saturday night going out of redditch towards evesham back road and clocked it doing just over 60 in a 50 zone ... no blue lights on.

I'm wondering just how thick/poorly educated UK motorists are when their "representative" from the AA says, "There is clearly not enough awareness that these driving habits are inconsiderate. It needs to be made crystal clear that good drivers don't do this and that the drivers that continue to need educating and failing that police action." Or is he just a patronising git?

I read about a guy who killed a motor cyclist because he slowed down suddenly to 20 mph on the Motorway. What idiot does that sort of thing?

Yeah well happy to see middle lane drivers who hold the rest of us up quietly trying to get to Villa Park at 90mph, bloody selfish lot!

Fear, that fatty fat bit made me laugh to myself ha ha.

thefacehead - 14/8/2013 17:45

I read about a guy who killed a motor cyclist because he slowed down suddenly to 20 mph on the Motorway. What idiot does that sort of thing?

Yeah well happy to see middle lane drivers who hold the rest of us up quietly trying to get to Villa Park at 90mph, bloody selfish lot!

Fear, that fatty fat bit made me laugh to myself ha ha.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2387815/Motorist-slowed-just-10mph-slip-road-motorway-killed-motorcyclist-traveling-fell-braked.html

similar thing happened to me few months ago, bike written off and me with busted hip, and yet the law says those that go into the back of someone automatically at fault.

badge73 - 14/8/2013 14:54

The Fear - 14/8/2013 14:50

would of thought so wouldnt you? when was the last time you heard of anyone being stopped for that?

just out of interest i tailed a cop van on saturday night going out of redditch towards evesham back road and clocked it doing just over 60 in a 50 zone ... no blue lights on.

well, the new system is working well.

Lady on Unicorn Hill today pulled out, NO indicators, right in front of a police car.

The police did nothing. I didn't see but dad said she hadn't got her seat belt on either.

i would not be surprised at what your dad said, most of "new" laws have been out for a while, just under different sections of the traffic laws.

the government love the attention of the media as can say "oh look we are tough on crime, we are on the side of the motorist etc" whilst the coppers use it for their crime figures or say how their job in the traffic is sooooo very important.

should be interesting soon, as considering (few of us bikers as well) of using helmet cams to film the stupidity of those on the road, then hand it in to the old bill and see what if anything gets done.

And that wasn't a dig at the police either, if he did something the paperwork would probably take him all day to complete!

as far as i know, most traffic offences are quite quick to do as basically on the spot fines, as in you have to either accept or go to court, only real paper work is when it goes to court.