driving around medway today | Page 4 | Vital Football

driving around medway today

100% the reason that we moved away Billy.
No regrets.
We had a parcel misdelivered recently to a nearby neighbour and during conversation, it turned out that they moved down from Wateringbury.
The south west is full of the south east 😁
What's wrong with Waterinbury? I drive through it to my brother's in Coxheath. Delightful area. Can't see the SW has anything on it apart from possibly being nearer the sea.

What's wrong with Waterinbury? I drive through it to my brother's in Coxheath. Delightful area. Can't see the SW has anything on it apart from possibly being nearer the sea.
Isn’t it known as the plughole of Kent due to frequent flooding? Joking aside, a scenic area.

Nothing wrong with Wateringbury 58
I used to keep my narrow boat there.
Just saying they were also from Maidstone area. It’s a nice area but still very built up.
Very little development down here in comparison but equally, few jobs.

Used to live there, nice pub called The Railway near to (funnily enough) the station/level crossing. The landlord was ex old bill and barred me twice. Once for having "a good time" with his daughter and once for seven balling him at pool 🎱 😎 😄
Just by Bow Bridge Marina.
Nice boozer 😁

100% the reason that we moved away Billy.
No regrets.
We had a parcel misdelivered recently to a nearby neighbour and during conversation, it turned out that they moved down from Wateringbury.
The south west is full of the south east 😁
My ex-wife is from Barnstaple and her and her 2 brothers all moved away. It isn't a place for younger people. It's a very pretty area, but it takes forever to get anywhere

have a point valencia must be a trek as the place empties in october as work finishes. plymouth just a hard to get to before the m5 and the 125s arrived . bristol was 2 hours plus on the old diesel trains.

Last edited:
That’s the trade off.
We are an hour just to get on the motorway but it’s worth it for living somewhere beautiful .
It’s all about choice.
I accepted when we moved that I’d have to give up the top theatres, the galleries and other attractions.
In place , I’ve got stunning beaches, beautiful country side and Exmoor on the doorstep.
Big downside...... football !

I live in Coxheath. You want a good example of mass building projects without thought to infrastructure this is it. Once the new estates are finished it's going to be a nightmare, but then a lot of Kent is. Hopefully I'll retire in six years time and we can move away, always wanted to retire down to Cornwall (we holiday there every year).

I live in Coxheath. You want a good example of mass building projects without thought to infrastructure this is it. Once the new estates are finished it's going to be a nightmare, but then a lot of Kent is. Hopefully I'll retire in six years time and we can move away, always wanted to retire down to Cornwall (we holiday there every year).
Agree re Coxheath. A blob of nothingness.

I don't want to move to the countryside as I'm happy with where I am in Bromley. Within half a mile I have pubs (inc a microbrewery), snooker hall, tennis courts and my cricket team plus decent shops including a Morrisons. Plenty of green space and National Trust land also within half a mile. 15 minutes to Darenth vallley and proper country. 40 minutes to the Gills. Excellent train and bus links.

My catchphrase re the country is "nice to go on holiday, wouldn't want to live there".