Drivel! | Vital Football

Drivel!

DonnyImp

Vital Squad Member
Just read The Football Manc Cave on News Now Lincoln. Jeez! What a loada simpleton writing about us!

"Quite the opposite in fact, with Lincoln's bullish, direct approach coupled with an uncanny ability to fall over at every opportunity seemingly being the key to success."

This person obviously hasn't seen the goals we scored against them.

It's just a blogger and so quite possibly mere clickbait where you write and element of your own truth and embellish it for reaction. Talksport for people who can read.

Consider the actual full quote:

"the teams who are at the top of the division aren’t there because they play a pretty, free flowing attacking game. Quite the opposite in fact, with Lincoln’s bullish, direct approach coupled with an uncanny ability to fall over at every opportunity seemingly being the key to success. The same can be said of MK Dons, Mansfield and Tranmere"

I've bolded the last bit so you can see that not only is not personal, it's idiotic.

Still staggers me how after 37 games (mostly at the top of the division) we are classed as a blundering bunch of hoof ballers that continually fall over.

We all know we play long hoof ball at times and that seems to be how most of the opposition see us. But we can also play good touch football on the ground and usually deliver a bit of both on match days. I really don't think the opposition can cope with us mixing up the two styles. Hence our consistent run of good results and the constant sour grapes from opposing managers who misread us and got their tactics wrong. Long may it continue!

UTI

They really think surrounding the ref was what got Baxter sent off? Blimey. What a plonker. I think it was more our lot trying to stop Bolger from tearing Baxter's head off!

They really think surrounding the ref was what got Baxter sent off? Blimey. What a plonker. I think it was more our lot trying to stop Bolger from tearing Baxter's head off!
On that subject, I sincerely hope someone has had a word with Bolger - his reaction was stupid and could have resulted in yet another entirely avoidable red card. If his intention was to get Baxter sent off, he overdid things by a mile and a half.