Drink Driving | Page 2 | Vital Football

Drink Driving

I think anyone who breaks the law, even in a minor way, should be murdered in their beds. Except, of course, politicians, lawyers, bankers and famous people who are popular at that moment.

ClivetheVillan - 18/2/2013 14:25

I think the ban should be lengthend there is no excuse for it, im sick of seeing people driving on my side of the road and swirving all over the place when im out, its frightening howmany do this i see!

Those aren't pissed mate, they are asians?

The only solution to persistent offenders is a custodial sentence.
Personal breathalysers are the way to go.No-one has any excuse whether it be on the night or the morning after.
Even if the machine is slightly out,you`d know you were too close for comfort and therefore you wouldn`t drive (in theory) and if you did,you would deserve whatever you got.
If we had access to personal breathalysers,I think they could increase the term of the ban and the fines.

Bikini Inspector - 18/2/2013 14:36

You should lose your license. If you went on your driving test over the drink drive limit you wouldn't get your license.

Same thing with talking on your phone.

quite agree about the phone, but sure quite a few dont know that using the phone is more deadly then having a few pints.

cant remember where i read it, but sure the phone causes more accidents (possibly deaths) as well yet the old bill hardly ever pull someone for it, even know of a police force who stopped pulling drivers ....

as a biker i see a range of idiots on the road and to be fair most of it is not drink induced.

I may have been a little hasty with my ideas for punishment in my previous post.

I would still keep the driving ban for life, and also the 1 year prison sentence by default - although I would add that they should have the choice of having either both testicles removed, or 6 fingers.

All drivers are potential drink drivers. The only way to guarantee the safety of the general public is to lock up all drivers.

badge73 - 18/2/2013 16:05

Bikini Inspector - 18/2/2013 14:36

You should lose your license. If you went on your driving test over the drink drive limit you wouldn't get your license.

Same thing with talking on your phone.

quite agree about the phone, but sure quite a few dont know that using the phone is more deadly then having a few pints.

cant remember where i read it, but sure the phone causes more accidents (possibly deaths) as well yet the old bill hardly ever pull someone for it, even know of a police force who stopped pulling drivers ....

as a biker i see a range of idiots on the road and to be fair most of it is not drink induced.

I saw a woman doing it yesterday all over the road with her kids in the car, stupid bitch. How hard is it to use a hands free kit?

I've got no time for it. Just drive properly it's not hard. A kid was killed by some moron a couple of weeks ago around my way over taking a stopped car at a fucking pedestrian crossing.

As far as drinking goes if they say any drink is illegal then that ends it point blank. Giving people a limit loosens up the whole mentality towards it.

Drives me mad, people not giving way at roundabouts causing you to slam your breaks on, choosing not to indicate, overtaking for no reason. There are a bunch of irresponsible retards driving about in Britain.

The zero tolerance has destroyed the pub trade out in the countryside. I know many small pubs that have closed down because they are in the middle of nowhere and taxi cabs are not easy to find. One case is an old man who lives 10 min drive away and drank in the same pub for over 30 years and would drive home. He would have 3-4 pints and maybe 2 whiskey's during the whole night. He would never speed and was just as careful driving when he had a drink than when he never had one. There are no schools nearby, no play areas etc, its just basically country lanes with farms and woodland both sides of the road. He could risk it I suppose as its extremely unlikely you would get the police patrolling the area. However the drink laws have stopped this guy(and many others due to its location) going out altogether and the pub in question loses trade.

I am not in favour of drink driving at all but the government have done nothing to help with transportation in very rural areas of the country. And its just a shame that we are losing these businesses.

Yup, flipside was a story by Steff about drink drivers coming out of a country pub, 'only had a few guv' who killed a few innocents.

There is no such thing as safe driving whilst drunk.

But agreed, it has impacted massively on country pubs. Remember when people used to drink and drive, there was far far less traffic on the roads and the cars were also a lot slower.

Driving drunk is a stupid thing to do in my humble and agree with Rosetta, should carry a year in prison (or some form as prisons are already too full) if 'really' over the limit and out of control of the car

Flipside, I was speeding yesterday, clear bright day, dry road, no one about, clear long road, I did 33mph in a 30 zone... terrible terrible crime. Copper on a bike, speed camera. I'm bound to be done.

Those driving drunk 'but I'm alright guvnor, I've always done it' get away scot free!

Whoever scot is !

Well if a family out for a drive in the country gets paralysed by a drunk driver by can at least take solace in the fact that country pub trade is still surviving.

Its not just the country pub trade either, It is the pub trade in general, and it is down to the smoking ban. But that's for the gay marriage thread.

The Fear - 18/2/2013 17:14

Yup, flipside was a story by Steff about drink drivers coming out of a country pub, 'only had a few guv' who killed a few innocents.

There is no such thing as safe driving whilst drunk.

But agreed, it has impacted massively on country pubs. Remember when people used to drink and drive, there was far far less traffic on the roads and the cars were also a lot slower.

Driving drunk is a stupid thing to do in my humble and agree with Rosetta, should carry a year in prison (or some form as prisons are already too full) if 'really' over the limit and out of control of the car

Flipside, I was speeding yesterday, clear bright day, dry road, no one about, clear long road, I did 33mph in a 30 zone... terrible terrible crime. Copper on a bike, speed camera. I'm bound to be done.

Those driving drunk 'but I'm alright guvnor, I've always done it' get away scot free!

Whoever scot is !

For your peace of mine this is who scot free is! I know this has nothing to do with the thread but when I seen your scot free I had to go and nosy. Curiosity killed the cat and all that jazz

First off, let's set the record straight on the expression itself -- it's actually "scot-free." And contrary to popular belief, it has nothing to do with Dred Scott or the Scottish.
Sceot is the Old English for "a tax." Scot and lot was a medieval muncipal tax levied on residents. Someone who managed to avoid paying this medieval tax got off "scot free."

Eventually, the word evolved to describe getting away without any kind of punishment, fiscal or otherwise. Kids who fake fevers get out of school scot-free. Cagey adults escape jury duty scot-free. And dogs with remorseful eyes get off scot-free from just about any wrongdoing.

I went out for a drink last night and only had the 1 pint then drove home from this country pub. I was chatting to the land lady and she said the drink driving laws have killed the business and she may be closing down very soon, the 2nd pub just down the road has already closed. There are no taxi's and no bus route and the only way to get to and from this pub is by driving. I live 6.5 miles away(no footpaths, just country roads/lanes) and driving home last night I never seen any other car or pedestrian. This is the same landlady who mentioned some of her regular customers that just dont come anymore, including the guy that had drank there for 30 years. I can see her side of the story and I can see the law's side.

BodyButter - 18/2/2013 17:43

All drivers are potential drink drivers. The only way to guarantee the safety of the general public is to lock up all drivers.

Apart from us non drinkers :14:

James06 - 18/2/2013 15:11

I think the ban should be lengthend there is no excuse for it, im sick of seeing people driving on my side of the road and swirving all over the place when im out, its frightening howmany do this i see!

:19: :19: :1: Oh i day realise lol

ClivetheVillan - 18/2/2013 18:30

James06 - 18/2/2013 15:11

:19: :19: :1: Oh i day realise lol

The worst drivers in my area are asain, 3 times this month i have been cut off at a roundabout because they didn't give way to their right. No wave of apology or anything.

A taxi driver nearly ran me over when i was crossing the road because he didn't indicate.

Doesn't surprise me, i did my test last year and all you need to do is confirm your address on the day. No id checks or anything. I bet most of them got someone else to do the test.