Dr Xia Interview | Vital Football

Dr Xia Interview

gmvillan

The Shackles Are Off!
I just read through the interview on the official site with our owner. The obvious eye-catcher was his comments regarding upgrading the stadium and “doing something very different” while keeping the traditional feel of Villa Park. I must say he has my attention!
I have Many thoughts on the North Stand, but would also love to see something done on Witton Lane - that side has always been the biggest imbalance for me.

The redevelopment of the area and the stadium are vital for any future development of aston villa as a football club. So many positive things are in place and hopefully in years to come we will all benefit. Walking to villa park from star city makes you realise how much the infrastructure and surrounding area need to be developed to accommodate a top flight football club.

gmvillan - 29/11/2017 04:09

I just read through the interview on the official site with our owner. The obvious eye-catcher was his comments regarding upgrading the stadium and “doing something very different” while keeping the traditional feel of Villa Park. I must say he has my attention!
I have Many thoughts on the North Stand, but would also love to see something done on Witton Lane - that side has always been the biggest imbalance for me.

The North Stand definitely needs work. They could improve the Witton 100% by giving it back its proper name.

We've kind of heard it all before haven't we?

Grand plans are great, no doubt, but I would under sell and over deliver personally. We've been woeful for years, so the other talk nice though it is, raises expectations, you then sit down and watch the football and all of a sudden.........

Be great if we rock n roll back to the Prem and start to build though, better transport links etc etc to Villa Park, nicer surroundings and all that.

Not read the interview yet, in KL, but this time I think I'll reserve my excitement. Remember when he took over there was claims he'd build/designed/whatever the Birds Nest stadium in China for the WC. Then it turned out it was the park near it.

Hopeful but eyes wide open having heard Doug talk about masterplans and Randy the same.

With Xia, I'd have liked to see him back my marathon fundraising for (HIS) AV foundation to be honest, no answer to my requests, didn't even bother with a re-tweet. That was a fan putting himself out for the club, he could have done the same. Plenty of far far far less well off staff did, and the CEO

Would have made for great 'we are all in this together' pr. Walking around the stadium taking applause doesn't really wash for me, not by an owner, especially before we actually achieve anything. Nor tweeting out about a poor atmosphere (the Tuesday game) ... fans pay their money, they do what they choose atmosphere wise. Anyone moaning about that needs to be at every game themselves (including a berk who rang the phone in saying the fans were fickle, turns out the twerp had listened to the game on the radio :3: )

Be fascinating if we do well though, quite what he can do with VP. It seems pretty land locked to me, the Witton was meant to go over the road / tunnel formed in old plans and they couldn't get planning permission. Difficult area to develop in some ways. Would be exciting though.

I'd take the current facilities and a winning team though thanks!

And agree with BB.. Witton Lane...

Promotion, then build a team to take us into Europe, then ground improvements in that order.

But I like the good Doctor's ideas. We are, I feel, in good safe hands.