Dover | Vital Football

Dover

Old Poolie

Vital Squad Member
Strange lineup!
No Noble , Newton to ill to travel(àgain?) and Davies out injured for 4 weeks. Are the wheels starting to fall off, pre Christmas, again!

Hopefully, we won't get beaten by the team propping up the League - but I wouldn't bet the mortgage on it.

Two nil now with 5 mins to half time. Disgraceful. Dover are at the bottom of the league Only won three games all season and we are making them look like Real Madrid.

Before today Pools have exactly the same points total as they did this time last year. Bates new dawn is proving to be a false one. Two down at half time and we don't do come backs so the outcome is a certain defeat the only thing that is not certain will be how many Dover get.

There's something wrong within the Pools camp, again, this game is already lost at HT after a dubious team selection.
Hopefully we can keep the score down in the second half.

Final score 2-1 so although we lost to the bottom team at least we didn't roll over as easily as was expected. It is still completely unacceptable. Anyway that is five defeats on the bounce in the National League. This is relegation form. I think Bates needs to move aside because he doesn't look like he can turn it around. What is going on with Noble? Suddenly dropped and no hint as to why. Davies is turning out to be a crock and he is by far our best defender. I despair.

To paraphrase the Bard:-

There is something rotten in the club of Hartlepool United

In the space of a few weeks we have gone from playoff contenders to potential relegation fodder, within that timeframe at least four experienced players have left the Club to be replaced by two relatively inexperienced loanees. Other players appear to be injury prone, suffering from mysterious illness or left out for non-football reasons. Doesn't sound like a club with a plan, let alone any ambition!
And it isn't even December.

It’s coming apart at the seams and started with Cassidy’s demise, moved forward with Woods and it appears Noble is now affected it has to end and it’s looking like it’ll end in either Bates’ dismissal or backing and more players will move on or Bates will go, there’s no middle ground. We’ll see
:red: