Dover | Vital Football

Dover

Not entirely a glowing statement from the chairman either. He might just as well have called him a football dinosaur and left it at that

It's a bit of a strange old season in the National League. Dover struggling, Dagenham struggling, Braintree bottom despite being promoted the previous campaign (although that suggests stretching the play-offs down to seventh spot was not a great idea, as they finished sixth and were clearly not good enough to warrant a place in there), Chesterfield in 20th, Aldershot 19th. Sides like Barnet and Bromley are also in the bottom half, while Harrogate are third and Solihull fifth.

It's hard to believe that only 8 days after his debut for Spurs, Kinnear was playing against Northampton Town IN THE FIRST DIVISION.

It's a bit of a strange old season in the National League. Dover struggling, Dagenham struggling, Braintree bottom despite being promoted the previous campaign (although that suggests stretching the play-offs down to seventh spot was not a great idea, as they finished sixth and were clearly not good enough to warrant a place in there), Chesterfield in 20th, Aldershot 19th. Sides like Barnet and Bromley are also in the bottom half, while Harrogate are third and Solihull fifth.
Braintree apparently got promoted on a mid-table NLS budget last season, so no wonder they're struggling as badly as they are at the minute.

As for Kinnear, him and Hill seemed like two dinosaurs who had a dislike to the new kids on the block.

With Hessenthaler's son playing for Grimsby, perhaps they can establish a link between the two clubs: Dover's fringe and youth players can join Grimsby for some game time.

Dover's Chairman already throw a fair bit of money in there. I dread to think what he's going to have to make up now they're going FT.

Dover's Chairman already throw a fair bit of money in there. I dread to think what he's going to have to make up now they're going FT.

Tbf a lot of players at these clubs are virtually full time anyway and are part time in name only. It's done to accommodate some players who have good jobs. I remember when Dagenham came into the league they officially went fulltime but one player a fullback was allowed to stay part time as he was 28/29 ish and was a city trader earning £200,000 - £300,00 a year or something

Pretty sure Dover train two or three times a week.

The PT thing is generally centered around terminology going into contracts. PT sides pay 10 months, FT 12 months.

Pretty sure Dover train two or three times a week.

The PT thing is generally centered around terminology going into contracts. PT sides pay 10 months, FT 12 months.
I think that during Holdsworth's reign we were giving out 10 month contracts.

I think that during Holdsworth's reign we were giving out 10 month contracts.
Yeah, I can vaguely remember a few getting them. From memory, there was a player who finished the season with us, went and worked on a building site during the summer, then came back for pre-season. Forget who.

There was definitely a time that we stopped handing out two year deals.