Dover | Vital Football

Dover

billytwodogs

Vital Squad Member
Another one of our boagey teams, we’re at their place so i cannot see us coming home with much if anything. Unless we have unearthed a diamond in Aidan Keena and his international clearance comes through.

Just been looking through some stats and was hardly surprised to see Donaldson has netted 6 times in the three seasons he has been with us and more interestingly Holohan has netted 8 times this season if I’m reading it right of course.

Are we hamstringing ourselves? I’m not sure Challinor or indeed previous incumbents can see through some of the masks worn by certain players. We need to start clearing the deadwood now, leaving us the rest of the season, the close season and the whole of next season for Challinor to put his hallmark on it.
Im almost certain he will be disappointed if he achieves anything other than play offs this term his aspirations and ambitions are there to see he just needs time and support....Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Tomorrow 2-0 to them I fear with us lucky to get 0.
:red:

Nailed on goalless draw!

I appreciate your view on Challinor, Billy2, needing time to mould a team in his style and aspirations. However, like his predecessors I doubt the fans, or Raj, will give him that time and opportunity. He'll certainly be in charge for the start of next season, but if Pools are not in the top 3 at the end of October - he'll be history.

It was never going to be goalless with our defence. Great to score first but the longer it stayed at 0-1 the greater the inevitability of a Dover equalizer. A point is not a bad result be we need to be picking up wins if we are to hold onto our fast fading play off dreams. We are just not quite good enough in my opinion. We could finish above half way but I think that is the best we can hope for.

Would have taken a point prior to kicking off. At 90mins being 1-0 up you kind of expect the full three. We just don’t seem to have the mental strength to manage games effectively. What does it take to just keep booting it out of the ground until they run out of balls?
:red:

With the lack of striker options, just Kabamba, we have probably done well to get 4 points from the last two games. Not to mention the disruption to the defence by injuries to Richardson, Raynes and Kerr.
Hopefully, I'm always hopeful, the addition of Keena will give our offensive play a boost.