Double Jabbers Only | Page 6 | Vital Football

Double Jabbers Only

I’d say absolute credit to the people who have had the vaccine.
88% uptake is much better than was predicted.
The remainder who don’t want it will now not, so no point in trying to persuade them.
I read a story this morning in the Guardian about a sceptic who now wishes he had taken the vaccine. He died two days after doing the story. 40 years old.

I share your frustration shotshy but the last few per cent are the hardest to reach and convince. It's worthwhile work and will pay dividends

It will be interesting to see then whether the people that are saying (on the internet) that they are "getting jabbed to protect other people" will also have the flu jab for the same reason
I do get the point you're making. However, the hospitalisation and death rates of the flu are significantly lower with the flue versus covid. Likewise, the average age of covid deaths is lower than flu.

I guessed that.

My argument is that we are doing things that may not be effective just to keep the media and government happy and therefore we should be questioning the logic.

In the case of the knife and drug crime pandemic i am in fact in favour of less freedoms by having scanners at every over or under ground station, school and club, etc.
Happy with all of that.

Quite happy to see Government actions properly scrutinised. Some disgraceful headlines and infliences from the media, especially the liles of the Torygraph as Johnson tends to do what it says. Looking at the (foreign) ownership of these rags one suspects that ithey haven't got the best inrerests of our citizens at heart.

Re the doctors/scientists. Yes of course there are different opinions and they learn as they go along. Apart from the occasional rogue (eg that **** Wakefield) they do have our best interests at heart and I'm happy to follow their lead.

I wonder just how much notice the Government have taken of the medical advice they've received over this pandemic.

Happy with all of that.

Quite happy to see Government actions properly scrutinised. Some disgraceful headlines and infliences from the media, especially the liles of the Torygraph as Johnson tends to do what it says. Looking at the (foreign) ownership of these rags one suspects that ithey haven't got the best inrerests of our citizens at heart.

Re the doctors/scientists. Yes of course there are different opinions and they learn as they go along. Apart from the occasional rogue (eg that **** Wakefield) they do have our best interests at heart and I'm happy to follow their lead.

I wonder just how much notice the Government have taken of the medical advice they've received over this pandemic.

So far everything this government puts forward is fluff designed to hopefully appease their voters. The problem is that everything is kneejerk and bluster where what they propose can already be done under current powers or legislation or has proven to be ineffective in the past.