Don't want this season to end | Vital Football

Don't want this season to end

eye_nose_hat

Vital Squad Member
For the past 3 seasons, I've felt relief for the season to end as they were that bad. Poor, frustrating and negative football in the Premier League but it's so different this season. It might not be perfect but at least every game is competitive and winnable. The games are mostly enjoyable and it's the best football we've seen at the Liberty in about 4-5 years.

Hitting form a bit too late and it's a shame we don't have another month or so to watch us.

It’s been great to watch, but its turning out to be a season of if only’s.
Biggest one for me was if only we’d strengthened the squad in January instead of weakening it, with the owners trying to offload another five players to add to the sixteen that went last summer.

It’s been great to watch, but its turning out to be a season of if only’s.
Biggest one for me was if only we’d strengthened the squad in January instead of weakening it, with the owners trying to offload another five players to add to the sixteen that went last summer.

We'd still have these defensive and goalkeeper issues though. We didn't need to strengthen elsewhere as we've scored plenty of goals since January. Had we had a solid goalkeeper and a better defence we'd have picked up a few more points.

Defence has been our downfall, yet the beginning of the season we went the first 10 games conceding only six goals and were on a par with Middlesboro as the best defence in the Championship, what changed?

Goalkeeper - Mulder, played 7 out of 10 of those games

Centre Backs - Rodon partnered Hoorn 8 out of 10 games

Full Backs - Olsson played 8 out of 10 games, Roberts played 8 out of 10 games.

Defence has been our downfall, yet the beginning of the season we went the first 10 games conceding only six goals and were on a par with Middlesboro as the best defence in the Championship, what changed?

Goalkeeper - Mulder, played 7 out of 10 of those games

Centre Backs - Rodon partnered Hoorn 8 out of 10 games

Full Backs - Olsson played 8 out of 10 games, Roberts played 8 out of 10 games.

And that's it Keith for me. Nordfeldt and CCV not up to the job. Had we had Mulder and Rodon starting majority of he's, like 40+ we'd have fared a bit better

Talking of goalkeepers, just promoted Norwich had top goalkeeper Tim Krul on a free transfer from Brighton, previous club Newcastle, ex- Dutch International.
On the subject of Norwich, one of their other free transfers was Teemu Pukki, just voted Championship player of the season, and its leading scorer on 29 goals.
The bargains are out there!

They are out there, we just need to find them. I hope to god Macaulay can find better than the dross we brought in last Summer (Celina the exception).

The other reason I don't want the season to end is because we'll have another dreadful Summer. I hope I'm wrong but I just can't see it.