Don't lie down on bombs, Dutch warned | Vital Football

Don't lie down on bombs, Dutch warned

mike_field

Vital Football Legend
The Dutch public have been warned it is "strictly ill-advised to lie down on a bomb", after a man did just that for about three hours.

The man came across an unexploded World War Two device while gardening in the town of Venlo on Wednesday.

When it started whistling he covered it with his body, apparently trying to limit the damage.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46828770
----

I was going to say that's my plans for tomorrow ruined, but given I'm not Dutch and the warning was specific, I think I'm fine.

A bomb landed in my dad's neighbours garden during the war. It didn't explode, no one lay down on it I don't think.

Interesting.

I was talking to my girlfriends nan sometime before Christmas, she’s born and bred in the Hammersmith area and she had some fascinating stories about the doodlebugs and evacuation. She recalled a time where I think she said they counted the noise after the whirring stopped and thinking it would come close, which hit the corner of their street and killed a few people she knew.

Whilst one part of me is glad that this happened several generations ago the stories the people from the time have are sadly slowly dieing out.

People have stories about the celebrities they worship on social media now though Dan... so err... yes, you are right!