dont get sentimental about the nhs, it has to change. | Page 2 | Vital Football

dont get sentimental about the nhs, it has to change.

I'm not against rich people going rpivate but then you have to introduce means testing which usually costs more than it saves and makes it harder for less educated or elderly people to access services they are entitled to. The NHS employs so many people because has until recently been one organisation (that is changing now). So all the back up services like IT, canteens etc were manned by NHS staff (no longer). In other countries that is not the case. But in those countries the tax payer is still paying for that stuff they just don't pay the staff directly.

Badge, I think it is better than Germany, which uses a more corporatist model. Your National Insurance (equivalent) payments will not always cover the complete costs of any serious operation and you are often left with a pretty large bill afterwards.

Plastic .. the problem is that the consensus has changed so much since the 80s that anybody arguing what was 'common sense' prior to this is seen as crazy.

Who was it who said, 'if we only have benefits for the poor, then we will only have poor benefits'?(or something like that!)

interesting ....

http://www.businessinsider.com/best-healthcare-systems-in-the-world-2012-6?op=1

Plastic Villan - 28/6/2013 15:52

ClivetheVillan - 28/6/2013 15:28

I do not believe if you can afford your own healthcare if you are on a high salary like 30k plus that you need to be on the NHS, people who can afford it should buy there own imo, then the less well off can be treated better

thirty grand will not cover very much health care. An MRI scan (like the one Okore recently slept through) costs a grand a go for example.

Health insurance is a lot cheaper than that dude which would cover you, The NHS should be scrapped for the well off and kept for the less well off who it was created for,

This country needs to realise in hard times just because you amass wealth does not mean you are untouchable and can piggy back on the poor all your life i say rich people pay for there own care less well off don't imo

I have freinds and family on less than 30k per year and have health insurance?

badge73 - 28/6/2013 18:47

interesting ....

http://www.businessinsider.com/best-healthcare-systems-in-the-world-2012-6?op=1
that is ranked per capita which doesn't really measure anything. I t certainly doesn't take into account how bad British life styles are

My gut tells me the well off who can afford to get health insurance and buy there houses go on holidays buy new cars/company cars good pensions will only quit the NHS and pay for there own share when they have too, should not be the way so the kids from deprived backgrounds get better care the richer need to stop being selfish imo