Don't believe them - this season is amongst the league's best ever performances | Vital Football

Don't believe them - this season is amongst the league's best ever performances

Skoorb

Alert Team
"Those who say this team can't stand alongside other great sides are talking nonsense; as a single-season performance, this is on the brink of becoming the best."

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club...ng-premier-leagues-best-after-stunning-season

This article puts a lie to the mantra which City fans have been subjected to time and time again as this remarkable season has moved towards its conclusion. A series of pundits and hacks have been regularly lined up in studios after City deliver another victory to pronounce that it is "too early" to decide whether this Manchester Cty team can be regarded as "the best the Premier League has ever seen". Smug in their assessment that without a series of consistent title wins and trophies that the team which Guardiola has moulded in his two seasons in charge cannot possibly hold a candle to other successful teams in the history of the Premier League (they mean the Rags) to my mind they seem to be asking (deliberately) the wrong question.

The real question should be - has this team delivered one of the best performances across a single season that the League has ever witnessed?

IMO, in terms of records broken (& likely to be broken) coupled with the manner in which the results have been delivered, I don't think there is any question - it deserves to be up there with the best and should be recognised as such rather than downplayed by the reactions of those such as Gary Neville, who as an ex-Rag, has skin in the game.

He is like King Canute, trying to hold back the tide and cling on to the past because, faced with the sterile alternative offered up by his old club and their manager, he is struggling to accept that the reality that deep down in the core of his being he knows.........that the sort of football which Pep Guardiola has brought to Manchester City F.C. is exactly what he would love to see being played by his old club. But to admit that is just too painful.

Never mind Gary. I think you'll find we don't care what you think but we would rather that you keep your partisan views to yourself and act a bit more professionally and resist the efforts of your pal and enabler, Martin 'low key when City score' Tyler when he feeds you the lines about you "rather being somewhere else" when City are playing well and winning the title by a seriously large margin.

Don't believe them.

The City performance during the 2017/18 season richly deserves to be held as one of the best ever in the history of the League (including before the Premier League was formed).

You've nailed it there Skoorb.

I've a pain in my arse with the gospel according to Neville.

I only hope now we reach that 100 point mark now as that would be the cherry on top this remarkable season.

It would indeed. The more I hear Pep talking about driving the players to deliver in these last few games the more I am convinced that this has become a key aim for him - to give the nay-sayers, doubters and negative pundits and commentators alike zero wriggle room when it comes to describing this season’s performance.

It has pissed me off mightily that they have been banging on about the wrong question - it isn’t an issue of trophy haul over an extended period of time (although you could argue they are also wilfully ignoring City’s record in that department since 2011). No, it is a question of whether this season deserves recognition alongside that say of the Invicibles etc. And it does because not only in terms of the style in which the results have been delivered but also because of the numbers - those are facts which cannot be argued with and which should cause them to discard their tainted backward-looking “history” glasses through which they have been staring at our results.

“There can be no argument with the numbers and anyone who tells you there is no comparison with the Premier League's other great teams is greatly underplaying City's achievements.”

ESPN

Shame we have to look to a US based website for a proper, impartial assessment. Just shows how deeply ingrained the prejudices are in the British Football media.

They’re all in denial. They will never admit how special we are because they simply can’t face it.

I would like to go one stage further and suggest that this current City team is, player for player, better than the Brasil side that won the 1970 World Cup. People say they were the greatest side but did they win back to back tournaments? - no, in 1974 they were rubbish. Ederson is a better keeper than Felix - FACT Walker the equal of Alberto FACT Mendy better than Brito FACT etc.