Donny | Vital Football

Donny

runner_pie

Vital Reserves Team
While it was far from our best performance of the season, I think we were worth a draw and am still at a loss as to why Hollis' goal was disallowed.

The pairing of Smith and Campbell didn't really work and should have been changed earlier and I'm not yet convinced that Yeates contributes enough but Collin wasn't stretched too often and we certainly weren't overrun for 90 minutes.

We're miles ahead of where we were 2 months ago and hopefully we'll keep up the great home form against Barnet.

The strike pairing gave us a disadvantage from the off. Hopefully Ameobi, Stead and Forte are all fit for Sunday.
We really could do with winning this one , it would go a long way to keeping us safe.

How many more points do you think we will need to be safe? I think that 7-8 more should do it. A win on Sunday would certainly ease any doubts about our safety.

I think seven points will be enough. That would leave Newport needing to win five from ten to catch us up. They've only won seven all season.
Having said that, I'd be happier with nine points.

With Newport losing today, a win tomorrow really would have us if not over the line, blumming well close to it.