Donny on Monday | Vital Football

Donny on Monday

We've been full of goodwill towards the opposition for a couple of months! I'm fearful today but if we could pick up a morale boosting draw, that could be the confidence boost that we need . I'll go 1-1 as well.

An improvement in performance is at least something to hold on to but we need to be creating more in the final third. I'm bringing a family friend to Notts for the first time on Saturday and I hope that I don't leave feeling embarassed.

Centre halves need replacing. If we can't keep a clean sheet we've no chance of ever nicking a result. Two goals minimum to win a game , every week is too much to ask.
Midfield looked improved with Curtis putting in a massive shift, (Bishopesque) , and if O'Connor can be added at least we will match teams in the middle of the park.
Top of the diamonds a problem though. Campbell, Burke and Aborah have all been tried and none of them have what it takes to feed the strikers consistently.

Bad as things have been, we looked miles better than the team that got stuffed by Newport. Confidence is non existent, and everyone is just waiting for Sheridan to be sacked which unsettles everyone.
We have to fluke a win and soon to ease the nerves at the club and get a couple in during the window.
Strangely, I think we're a better team than last year and honestly believe we will stay up if we stick with the plan.

Reading AHs tweets though, I expect him to sack Sheridan and start again first chance he gets.

A great post Optipez. I see that you have taken some stick on Mad for your views on keeping Sheridan but some people just see sacking the manager as the only answer when things are going wrong.

There's absolutely no doubt that these same people would all have called for Alex Ferguson's head at the start of 1990 if they had been Man Utd fans back then and they clearly can't use the line that Ferguson had already had success elsewhere as that is exactly the case with Sheridan.

Some fans aren't prepared to see things bottom out an for us to come through the other side which is why instead of short term decline we have been stuck in terminal decline.

We have just had a Chairman who thought like these fans. I hope AH has a bit more about him than that.

I deserve the stick, Runner, I've no right to call people pricks, I actually meant me as well, I post on three boards and am certainly no expert, just another fan sounding off.
I stand by comments on the mentality of too many supporters at the club though, it's febrile, short termist and ultimately self defeating.