Donny (A) | Page 5 | Vital Football

Donny (A)

Got the rub of the green today, lets see if we can back it up in midweek.
Getting a win now and again won't keep us up, so i suggest you all calm down.

On paper Swindon have the best fixtures. With Rochdale. Wimbledon and Wigan to play.

Not sure about that John. Sunderland aside, we can't really moan about ours. This is an extract from someone else's tweet on twitter .... and it's a fairly reasonable assessment:

Crewe- Nothing to play for
Shrewsbury- Nothing to play for
Burton- likely nothing to play for
Hull- could already be up
Swindon- could already be relegated / relegation decider between both clubs

Magnificent team performance and deserved result.Everyone was superb today and all contributed to it.

We had much more of a cutting edge today and were clinical, especially in that 1st half.This has been the only part of our game lacking in recent matches.Thought Dodoos pace and movement made a positive difference,as did Keane who looked much more like his old self before he got covid.We looked dangerous going forward through Viv and Asgaard as well and if anything could've won by even more.

Evans and Ojo were excellent and ran the majority of the game in midfield,with the now settled back 4 and Jones looking solid again.That was such a crucial one on one save to prevent it going 2-3 in the 2nd half,as it could've got nervy but for that.

Massive win and it really is all to play for going into these last 6 games.It is extremely difficult to pick the 2 staying up from the bottom 6,as it's so tight.But if we keep these performances up and show the cutting edge in the final third that we did today then we have a fantastic,fighting chance of being one of those 2 teams. UTFT!

Some result. Didn't get to watch but impressed by the goals and the players took their opportunity. Hopefully we follow up with another 3pts on Tues.

Looking at the remaining fixtures this is the time of year that 'teams already on the beach' becomes a massive factor. Not to mention 6 points will likely swing things.

Looking at who everyone has I'd say it's a close call but the most to least difficult are.
1. Most Northampton
2. Bristol
3. Us
4. Wimbledon
5. Swindon
6. Least Rochdale

The team that handles the 6 pointers the best will save themselves and it will probably come down to goal difference or a single point.

We should be looking to win 4 of our remaining 6. 3 teams with nothing to play for and last day could be a relegation play off against Swindon. But will the Wigan that didn't look arsed turn up like it has so often in these type of games or the Wigan of yesterday were they had the bit between their teeth? All about our own mentality in this run - handling the pressure and showing we want it more than the opposition.

We certainly can do it but we can't afford any more low energy lack lustre displays. Even if we are not on top form technically the fight and work rate should still be there - if we can bring that into every game I think we'll do it. But I don't know if we'll show that based on how seasons pattern has played out. Yesterday needs to be the catalyst that from now on we at least match if not better every other side for desire. Give us that and that is all you can ask regardless of how it goes.

Looking at the remaining fixtures this is the time of year that 'teams already on the beach' becomes a massive factor. Not to mention 6 points will likely swing things.

Looking at who everyone has I'd say it's a close call but the most to least difficult are.
1. Most Northampton
2. Bristol
3. Us
5. Swindon
6. Least Rochdale

The team that handles the 6 pointers the best will save themselves and it will probably come down to goal difference or a single point.

We should be looking to win 4 of our remaining 6. 3 teams with nothing to play for and last day could be a relegation play off against Swindon. But will the Wigan that didn't look arsed turn up like it has so often in these type of games or the Wigan of yesterday were they had the bit between their teeth? All about our own mentality in this run - handling the pressure and showing we want it more than the opposition.

We certainly can do it but we can't afford any more low energy lack lustre displays. Even if we are not on top form technically the fight and work rate should still be there - if we can bring that into every game I think we'll do it. But I don't know if we'll show that based on how seasons pattern has played out. Yesterday needs to be the catalyst that from now on we at least match if not better every other side for desire. Give us that and that is all you can ask regardless of how it goes.

I think Wimbledon will get enough points from their home games so I think it will be Northampton we will need to get in front of to survive.

Also can I just add 2 things.... I will start off by saying if Leam is going he should go now, but he should have more confidence in himself and bollocks to being a # 2 and go for being the main man...don't die wondering.

2nd...I know this team has taken flak but there is a team in there. There really are decent players all over the park who just need to do it more regularly.

Also can I just add 2 things.... I will start off by saying if Leam is going he should go now, but he should have more confidence in himself and bollocks to being a # 2 and go for being the main man...don't die wondering.

2nd...I know this team has taken flak but there is a team in there. There really are decent players all over the park who just need to do it more regularly.

Consistency comes with confidence and familiarity, both of which take time to accrue.

Given that a number of the players only joined the club in January and they have only had limited time to train between games and gain that familiarity then I think they have done well.

I think LR and GR have done a great job in assembling a team from the limited players available and getting the team to gel so quickly. We saw last season under PC how long it takes under normal conditions to get the players accustomed to playing to a certain style and tactics and how long it took for results to follow and yet there are still those who doubt the ability of LR to be the #1.

Well done all round, regardless of what the remaining fixture bring.