Donkey Lashers | Page 3 | Vital Football

Donkey Lashers

Ten for effort, a solid seven (maybe eight?) for general performance, but unfortunately, zero for goals.

Every credit though, especially young Joseph who was excellent.

With any luck the sale goes through Thursday and this is Sheridans last game he simply cannot take us into the Chorley game.

I thought we played well and I liked the way we passed the ball in a very controlled way, rather than hoofing it around, as we have been doing in past games !.In my view we were the best team over the 90 mins and very unlucky to come away with nothing !

We could oh so easy have won this game tonight.

Even though we lost a enjoyed the football we played !.

Jones just made a fantastic save - keeping us in with a good chance !
Really? All these ‘fantastic’ saves he makes are ones any keeper would be expected to make. I’m going to have to watch the next match with no commentary because I can’t be arsed with the platitudes being handed out to players for doing the basics right. That golden chance for Madine was straight at Jones yet we get the same old ‘fantastic save by Jamie Jones’ ‘he’s kept us in the game there’. I would have saved that if I lay on the ground and the ball was hit tamely straight at me. Madine should have broken the net. I don’t like moaning about players but for heaven’s sake let’s call it like it is. We are shit, we have nothing up front and the kids are being put in an impossible position. The sooner we get some stability at the club the better.

I thought we played well and I liked the way we passed the ball in a very controlled way, rather than hoofing it around, as we have been doing in past games !.In my view we were the best team over the 90 mins and very unlucky to come away with nothing !

We could oh so easy have won this game tonight.

Even though we lost a enjoyed the football we played !.
We can’t score. We have nothing up front. We could have played all night and we still wouldn’t score

With any luck the sale goes through Thursday and this is Sheridans last game he simply cannot take us into the Chorley game.

He picked the right team and they played well - we were very unlucky not to get a result tonight - end of !.

I am no fan of Sheridan but only thing I would have done different tonight is I’d have taken off Gardner instead of Merrie - I really can’t blame Sheridan at all for this loss - and in fact I thought it was very refreshing to watch us play tonight !

I’d have took Gardner off instead of Merrie ???
I thought Gardner had a really good game tonight, best he's played, but you're right as soon as he went down with cramp he should have come off. Cramp isn't an injury as such but it's a sure sign you're getting tired and can lead to more serious injuries. Hope he continues to improve the way he has tonight though!

On the whole we looked like a team that can play football tonight!

Swindon, has your favourite pet just died?

Have you seen the state of our starting XI?

I think you need to align your expectations to our plight.

Can take tonight, effort was there and that's all what matters to me. Goal should of been dealt with. But it's an improvement from last few weeks. Don't think Sheridan will be here much longer mind!

Swindon, has your favourite pet just died?

Have you seen the state of our starting XI?

I think you need to align your expectations to our plight.
I don’t think so Mooney I was expecting another toothless display and that’s what I got. I’m normally an optimistic soul but I’m not going to lie, I’m beginning to lose hope. Bottom of League 1, which is a particularly shite standard I must add, is pretty poor going even with our problems

I don’t think so Mooney I was expecting another toothless display and that’s what I got. I’m normally an optimistic soul but I’m not going to lie, I’m beginning to lose hope. Bottom of League 1, which is a particularly shite standard I must add, is pretty poor going even with our problems

If you think that was "toothless" then I think you watched summat different to me.

Those young lads will continue to improve .................... even with the unrealistic expectations of some fans.

He is tryin to cobble together a team from kids, crocks and other teams flops.

I think we keep losing by the odd goal and iff you look at last seasons results they are not much difference.

Get some stability in the club and we will end up in mid table or with a bit of luck pushing for a play off place.

Really? All these ‘fantastic’ saves he makes are ones any keeper would be expected to make. I’m going to have to watch the next match with no commentary because I can’t be arsed with the platitudes being handed out to players for doing the basics right. That golden chance for Madine was straight at Jones yet we get the same old ‘fantastic save by Jamie Jones’ ‘he’s kept us in the game there’. I would have saved that if I lay on the ground and the ball was hit tamely straight at me. Madine should have broken the net. I don’t like moaning about players but for heaven’s sake let’s call it like it is. We are shit, we have nothing up front and the kids are being put in an impossible position. The sooner we get some stability at the club the better.

I don’t think Jones is as bad as you say and although we never got one in the back of the net today we came very close on a number of occasions.

I thought Joseph had a great debut start and agree with the commentator that he was probably best Latics player tonight !.

Anyway - we lost and that’s shit but all I can say is we were vastly improved on some of the crap I’ve sen them play recently and I for one wouldn’t complain if the same team is played next Sunday - whereI think we have more chance of winning than Trump !