Doncaster - Saturday 25th August | Vital Football

Doncaster - Saturday 25th August

cornypomp

Vital 1st Team Regular
Doncaster.. a hard won point

Well.. I was following the BBC text commentary on this game over here in France, and I can tell you, I wasn't feeling at all confident in the first half. The fouls were mounting up, and I sensed tension was building. I felt at one time we were in for a hammering, but it wasn't to be. Doncaster couldn't put it in the net.

Its hard to tell obviously when just following a text commentary, but I felt we came into our own a bit in the second half. I was less nervous anyway. Still, I think we collected 3 yellow cards, and our foul count must have been through the roof. We saw it out for the point though, and a clean sheet. Its funny, but its games like this that actually give me more confidence, than thumping sides like Oxford 4-1. It shows there's a resilience, and a toughness about the team, and you need that in what will be a long tough season, especially when winter draws in.

Well done you Blues.. PUP..:clap::thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pompey’s winning run was always going to come to an end at some point, which proved the case on Saturday against Doncaster after a 0-0 draw.

Click here for more.
Ah.. but.. as I said on Sunday Chimes Rug.. we haven't lost, and with a couple of winnable home games coming up.. this season really could be our best ever start.. said he.. fingers and legs crossed..

As always with Pompey though.. we will no doubt be kept in suspense.. ha ha PUP :thumbup:

Well, having got work out of the way and River's whinge, I'll try again.

Very happy with a point, obviously you always want more but who wouldn't have taken that at Doncaster, especially given how Donny have done us a fair bit recently.

Disappointed we didn't test the outfield player more, but hey ho.

Happy with another point to be unbeaten at this stage.

Ah.. but.. as I said on Sunday Chimes Rug.. we haven't lost, and with a couple of winnable home games coming up.. this season really could be our best ever start.. said he.. fingers and legs crossed..

As always with Pompey though.. we will no doubt be kept in suspense.. ha ha PUP :thumbup:

I'd take that corny, best start ever... PLEASE!

Given the added firepower, even with the loss of Chaplin, I really can't see any reason, or excuse, for us not to really have an attacking go at teams. Especially at Fratton Park when we SHOULD be on the front foot without a doubt.

Well I'm going to well and truly put the kibosh on it and predict another 4-1 for Pompey.. There's just something about the score 4-1.. I wonder why that is eh! :hmmm: