Doncaster Rovers | Page 3 | Vital Football

Doncaster Rovers

Grow a pair Zeb and get the women told. There are 23 and a half other hours in the day for the beach.
Surely by your age you should have trained her to respect her man enough not to interfere with his football.
Let them go to the beach on their own and meet them there later, its Saturday and the Tics are on telly ffs.
Have a good trip and a safe journney home.

Brave talk Johnny from over theer! …you obviously haven’t met her

As Basil Fawlty once said …”I’d have to sew em back on first”

Actually on the beach right now half an hour down the coast (must dash …she’s looking!)🤭

A solid dominant performance, the only lapse was when 2 players thought each other was claiming the ball and it then went to them to score.

Clearly a way of gelling yet and fully clicking but to get 13 points from 6 games is outstanding. Could have scored more today but for their keeper. Thought our second was offside but Wykes goal should have stood.

Very exciting given the quality of options on the bench and not even in the squad today, once we click upfront then we could absolutely batter teams in this season, considering so far we have played 5 of the favourites and a team tipped for an outside play off shot.

Great result & not too bad a performance considering we are still gelling as a team which prob contributed to their 'gifted' goal. Charlie Wyke winning the majority of the balls up to him & once he finds the back of the net I'm sure goals will fly in from him. Keane was on another level today & some of his touches were top notch....apart from the gift of their goal thought our defence was solid. Up to a well deserved 2nd in the league so roll on Sunderland in the Energy Cup game

An impressive performance and I dont see us dropping out of the play off positions now.
I just wish Wyke could grab that first goal and get the monkey off his back.
Will Keane motm for me.

Poor goal to concede but that is as text book as managing the game you can find. Wyke MOTM.

Oh come on really !!! Wyke MOM you must be joking of course you are. The reason we arn"t scoring many is we are playing with 10 men every week, he hardly contributes anything in the system we play our no 9 is paid to score goals and he is just wasted in his current role.
Sorry but I dont go for this he works hard and wins headers, if you watch carefully he wins very few how come its Will Keane who keeps getting on the end of free kicks and corners.
I may be being harsh to many people and I'm sure he would probably score goals in another formation but not in our current one.

Max Power is a better crosser of the ball than Tom Pearce. Agree though, Keane MOTM. Also, Lang needs to show some balls and take the ball from McClean on free kicks. McClean has a lot of good points but his free kicks aren’t one of them.

Oh come on really !!! Wyke MOM you must be joking of course you are. The reason we arn"t scoring many is we are playing with 10 men every week, he hardly contributes anything in the system we play our no 9 is paid to score goals and he is just wasted in his current role.
Sorry but I dont go for this he works hard and wins headers, if you watch carefully he wins very few how come its Will Keane who keeps getting on the end of free kicks and corners.
I may be being harsh to many people and I'm sure he would probably score goals in another formation but not in our current one.
Where did you come up with tat tosh, twitter like usual.

An impressive performance and I dont see us dropping out of the play off positions now.
I just wish Wyke could grab that first goal and get the monkey off his back.
Will Keane motm for me.
Wyke played well today Keane's second was down to him, he created two glorious chances for Lang as well who should have done better.

Today for me it was painful. To much hoof ball which played into Donnys hands. Not enough quality crossing , and we dont use the midfield to our advantage. Maybe we do not have the quality of player to dictate the game from midfield. Yes the lesser teams can bring you down to their level. Yes 3 points, but a game to forget.

Today for me it was painful. To much hoof ball which played into Donnys hands. Not enough quality crossing , and we dont use the midfield to our advantage. Maybe we do not have the quality of player to dictate the game from midfield. Yes the lesser teams can bring you down to their level. Yes 3 points, but a game to forget.

Were you there today Dragnet?

We had 62% possession, worked the ball into the channels and chased and harried them for the full ninety. Wyke worked his socks of and brought Keane and Lang into the game. Our midfield dominated throughout and apart from the one error between the centre backs we looked solid at the back.

If you want to forget a game that we dominated for 90% of the time then so be it, you are a hard man to please.

Another 3 points and second in the table - can’t complain at that.

I didn’t think it was a great game, though we deserved to win. At present we are an efficient team, rather than a swashbuckling one. No problem with that given the rebuild job, though I’d like us to be a tad more adventurous against this type of opposition as the season progresses.

I thought Doncaster were poor and lacked any fight. The keeper time wasting from early on was embarrassing. We gifted them a goal and I’m pretty sure the linesman gifted us our second as Keane appeared several yards offside. Overall once again the officials were absolutely atrocious, compounded by announcing four minutes injury time and only playing three. Week after week the standard of officiating is ridiculously poor in this league.