Domestic abuse petition | Vital Football

Domestic abuse petition

kefkat

Vital Football Legend
JF if this is in the wrong forum or shouldn't be on this site then removing it is fine.

The following is a petition link very close to my heart as it is what we have survived. If you feel you can sign it then please do.

Thank you..

Dear Friends,

I just signed the petition "Public inquiry into police and state agency response to domestic violence" and wanted to ask if you could add your name too.

This campaign means a lot to me and the more support we can get behind it, the better chance we have of succeeding. You can read more and sign the petition here:

http://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/public-inquiry-into-police-and-state-agency-response-to-domestic-violence

Thank you!

P.S. Can you also take a moment to share the petition with others? It's really easy – all you need to do is forward this email or share this link on Facebook or Twitter:

http://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/public-inquiry-into-police-and-state-agency-response-to-domestic-violence

James06 - 24/5/2013 11:08

I hope this isnt another anti-muslim thread Carol!!

LOL thank you for making me smile Jim. Nope it isn't. This affects everyone women men children families whatever creed race or colour there will always be more to do :14:

Yeah but seriously, it goes against the teachings of the Qu'ran and islamic tradition to stop muslims beating their wives should they go against them (such as not wearing a burka). So isnt this petition a bit racist/islamaphobic?

The possibilities are there however I will take the risks! ;o)

BTW did you know that there are specific refuges for Muslim women and children now who are fleeing

yes and highlights a growing problem with the police kefkat, as getting them to come out for anything (besides racist or speeding) is difficult or if they do its a few days later, then its a pcso who actual job or point gets me confused at the best of times.

I do actually, I have a friend who ended up in one in Smethwick.

She was told she was going to Pakistan to see an old colonial plantation house her father had bought and was renovating. However, when she got there it wasnt the case, her brother had taken payment for her and her two sisters to be married, and then return to the UK with their new husbands.

She was raped several times and bacame pregnant. She managed to flee and returned to England. Last I heard she was in this 'safe house' with her baby, but that was about 10 years ago.

James06 - 24/5/2013 12:07

I do actually, I have a friend who ended up in one in Smethwick.

She was told she was going to Pakistan to see an old colonial plantation house her father had bought and was renovating. However, when she got there it wasnt the case, her brother had taken payment for her and her two sisters to be married, and then return to the UK with their new husbands.

She was raped several times and bacame pregnant. She managed to flee and returned to England. Last I heard she was in this 'safe house' with her baby, but that was about 10 years ago.

I hope she managed to stay safe and move on in here life. It is so sad in the old fashioned way I mean because they lose there families usually as well when they flee.

They aren't only fleeing a violent ex. It is usually the whole family that has to be forsaken because of the beliefs of some of them