Domenec Torrent departs for NYCFC | Vital Football

Domenec Torrent departs for NYCFC

Skoorb

Alert Team
Patrick Viera’s move to Nice has created a vacancy which has been filled by Pep’s long time Assistant, Domenec Torrent.

Torrent has been a close member of Pep’s backroom team for over a decade and has been the person with whom Pep can be seen in almost constant conversation in the dugout on match days.

Will Arteta now step up to take his place and be sat next to Pep when the music stops?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44446150

Hadn’t realised that Hitting .......but this is the right place I beleive as it affects Pep’s immediate advisors within his backroom team.

Whilst perhaps his closest friend, Manel Estiarte, is rarely seen in the spotlight (there was a brief glimpse of him during the celebrations at St Mary’s after Jesus scored), Torrent hs always the been the one sat beside Pep in the dug out offering comment on events on the pitch and acting as Pep’s ‘sounding board’. It’s an important role .........I am sure Pep will make a wise choice to take his place.

Meanwhile........the catalyst for this change, Vieira moving outside the CFG.......is this him getting experience of management in Europe with an eye to the future back in the fold in a few years time?

Hadn’t realised that Hitting .......but this is the right place I beleive as it affects Pep’s immediate advisors within his backroom team.

Whilst perhaps his closest friend, Manel Estiarte, is rarely seen in the spotlight (there was a brief glimpse of him during the celebrations at St Mary’s after Jesus scored), Torrent hs always the been the one sat beside Pep in the dug out offering comment on events on the pitch and acting as Pep’s ‘sounding board’. It’s an important role .........I am sure Pep will make a wise choice to take his place.

Meanwhile........the catalyst for this change, Vieira moving outside the CFG.......is this him getting experience of management in Europe with an eye to the future back in the fold in a few years time?

I think it will be Arteta to take this post, I have a feeling that they have told him the job is his if and when Pep leaves

He does seem to be a candidate. Pep was the surprise choice at Barcelona but was promoted from within - with Ferran and Txiki at th controls I can see them wanting to adopt the same sort of policy to succession planning.

I think Yaya May have blown his chance of being invited to join the backroom team though :wagging: