Doherty shines.. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Doherty shines..

if he's played every minute for Ireland are we going to see Emerson instead to avoid him playing with fatigue?

I'd heard Sanchez was unavailable so assume it'll be Rodon or Davies stepping in if we play a 3 at the back. Maybe Rodon if we keep Japh at RB.

It will be great to see Doherty get a bit of confidence back. He can offer so much more than he has managed with us, but he has to really push himself because he has been very poor on too many occasions. Mourinho playing him as a defensive RB was one of the most stupid things I have seen. He is a wing back, no doubt.

Fingers crossed he continues these performances for us.

It will be great to see Doherty get a bit of confidence back. He can offer so much more than he has managed with us, but he has to really push himself because he has been very poor on too many occasions. Mourinho playing him as a defensive RB was one of the most stupid things I have seen. He is a wing back, no doubt.

Fingers crossed he continues these performances for us.

Given the players we had/have, I've often thought for a clever man (apparently) that playing the systems he did was pretty stupid and that many players became victims of his approach, and although I did struggle to see anything good in him last season, he may well be yet another Jose victim.

if he's played every minute for Ireland are we going to see Emerson instead to avoid him playing with fatigue?

I'd heard Sanchez was unavailable so assume it'll be Rodon or Davies stepping in if we play a 3 at the back. Maybe Rodon if we keep Japh at RB.

I think it's a brave coach that will chuck him in at the deep end, but reports of his physical strength and fitness probably confirm that if he's trained well he must be a consideration.

Doherty hasn't played much football so given that Nuno will know what he can do better than most, I'd be surprised to see Emerson start over him.

Even with Romero and Sanchez apparently ruled out, we have options, which hopefully will see this as a chance to make a statement and get the job done.

Yeah I can't see Royal getting a start for a few games. He may get some sub appearances though to ease him in.