Dog Food Dave FC | Vital Football

Dog Food Dave FC

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
AFC Fylde: Football club criticised for 'discriminatory' job advert
8 hours ago

Image caption,
AFC Fylde currently play in the National League North
A football club has been criticised for posting a job advert which told people not to apply if they needed to pick up their children from school.
The advert for general manager of football at Lancashire's AFC Fylde also warned prospective employees not to apply if they wanted work-life balance.
The post has since been deleted after an online backlash branded it "discriminatory".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-58486514

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like a humorous job post to me whilst trying to be accurate. " If not already apparent, we are not a Premiership club " all thats wrong in the country
were far to serious

I don't think they were trying to be humorous, but I do think they thought they were being 'clever' in trying to get people to notice an advert different from the norm. Unfortunately, their execution of it was indeed unprofessional, inept and crass. Nothing wrong with seeking a person who will work hard, be a hands on doer and go the extra mile but engage brain in how you do it.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Nothing like being straight to the point,
In lots of small businesses you try to help staff with life’s problems I have covered on many occasions but you cannot run your business around child care that is the parents problem in emergency you step in but your business comes first or you are all out of work,,,,,,,

In lots of small businesses you try to help staff with life’s problems I have covered on many occasions but you cannot run your business around child care that is the parents problem in emergency you step in but your business comes first or you are all out of work,,,,,,,

There are workers and there are shirkers. I can count on one hand how many decent lads that have worked for me. I have however, always treated people with respect, I never talked down to them, rather making them feel part of the same goal. Making someone feel small will only produce negative results.
You never know what your getting though, until you get it, and some people are hopeless cases I'm sorry to say.