Does Striker Deserve Final Chance To Prove Himself At Spurs? | Vital Football

Does Striker Deserve Final Chance To Prove Himself At Spurs?

USAFSPURS

Vital Football Legend
Staff member
Like the long list of those before him...I don't think he honestly got a fair shot to prove himself...BUT then again I don't honestly believe he fits our system that well anyway.

With the Evening Standard reporting that Fernando Llorente is destined to leave, I thought I`d play devil`s advocate for a moment to consider whether he's been given a fair shot.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524558">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

USAFSPURS - 15/3/2018 15:17

Like the long list of those before him...I don't think he honestly got a fair shot to prove himself...BUT then again I don't honestly believe he fits our system that well anyway.

Yeah agree......we buy someone that (in this case) is good in the air....then when he is on the pitch mostly we don't put crosses in for him....crazy.

Surely whoever sanctions a purchase, knows what to do with them....and if they do, why don't they play to their strengths when they are on the pitch.....again crazy.

total spurs - 15/3/2018 21:47

USAFSPURS - 15/3/2018 15:17

Yeah agree......we buy someone that (in this case) is good in the air....then when he is on the pitch mostly we don't put crosses in for him....crazy.

Surely whoever sanctions a purchase, knows what to do with them....and if they do, why don't they play to their strengths when they are on the pitch.....again crazy.

You really have to wonder what was behind the purchase, what thinking went on . A glider is good in the air but it's got to get off the ground first . We can't get anything off the ground . :3:

thought the hat trick might be the start of something for him, but Poch clearly doesn't have much time for him... I forget exactly what he said in the post match interview, but it was something along the lines of "I hope this gives him confidence so he can be a useful player for us until the end of the season" - all but saying he doesn't see him here next year.

He should have had a goal today when Son put him in at the far post , but he was either too sluggish or too lazy to move a few feet forwards to put the ball in the net.

And that's been his problem all season , no mobility, no pace , no appetite for the game it seems.

Big Chiv - 18/3/2018 09:48

He should have had a goal today when Son put him in at the far post , but he was either too sluggish or too lazy to move a few feet forwards to put the ball in the net.

And that's been his problem all season , no mobility, no pace , no appetite for the game it seems.

Honestly it’s like “The Llorentes Holiday in London”